Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lllyrain

Goldfish Needing Privacy?

My fantail Charlee is crazy. Everytime she has to poop she either sits quietly in the corner of the tank or hides. Should I build her a little fish outhouse? LOL. Does anyone else's fish do this?

LOL I can't say I've ever seen that, but its so funny that you should make this post because i was just thinking last night "wouldn't it be great if I could train my goldfish to poop in one corner of the tank so its automatically sucked up by a filter?"

My guys though, are quite happy to swim around and beg for food with a poop trail :P

LOL I can't say I've ever seen that, but its so funny that you should make this post because i was just thinking last night "wouldn't it be great if I could train my goldfish to poop in one corner of the tank so its automatically sucked up by a filter?"

My guys though, are quite happy to swim around and beg for food with a poop trail :P

I second that, I have seen my Goldie's swim with poop that must be about 3-4x their own body length and they don't care

In general, I think it is thoughtful to have an area of the tank that is private. :rest: 

Spawning moms, sick fish - and apparently IIyrian's fish with discreet potty habits - need a place to be alone when they require time out from the school.

I'd just make sure there were some taller plants and call it good :)

Mine will stay in a corner If they're a bit constipated.