Kokos Goldfish Forum
Butterfly

Goldfish anonymous

I have two 75g tanks (one in the garage), a 55g, a 10g (with my 2 handicapped goldfish) and 4 betta tanks. I have a garden pond with a couple Koi and some goldfish.

I don't overstock (but am tempted, it'd be worse if I weren't so lazy about getting the sumps set up in my 75s). So instead I troll Craigslist for more tanks. I have an app for that. I forcefully restrained myself from the Black Friday deals (it helped that I was working). I'm frugal so I use sponge filters and various eBay canisters.

I follow the Instagram and Facebook of several US fancy sellers and have an alarm set on my phone so I don't miss the start of each Dandy Oranda auction.

I'm considering trying my hand at breeding. I'm trying to figure out how I can add on a greenhouse or clear out my basement so I can have a real fish room.

I think I have a problem. I... I... I... think I have a problem.

Just looking for support...?

(Maybe this is the wrong place. )

...share your stories???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that long ago I only had one tank with 8 fish.

I now have a 160gallon tank, an 80 gallon tank and a 420gallon pond and 33 fish. 

I have seriously thought about where I could put another tank and setting up the smaller pond again.

Right now I also have two QTs running because of new fish. Ive had a QT running almost non stop this year. Either new fish or treating fish or both. I think there has only been a few weeks out of this year where I've not had a QT or extra tub of some sort running

I have 19 tanks in my house: 12 for bettas (1 per a tank), a 20g long that will be a betta sorority for 9 girls, a 3g dwarf puffer bubble bowl, 12g long dwarf rainbows and shrimp, 40g breeder goldfish aquapnics, 55g riparium, 2x 75gs (goldfish added soon)

I have a problem x.x

It sucks because with so many the task of maintenance gets daunting and then i tend to slack off.  Fortunately none ore over stocked and they all have live plants so I can be lazy about water changes.  But i don't get to bond/hang out with the individual fish as much as when  just had 4 bettas and 6-7 tanks total.  Kinda want to cut back as bettas pass from old age shuffle remaining around and retire some tanks.

Would love some more fish tanks.  We just don't have room.  Also, BF and I have different ideas of what is "normal." Normal for him would be one tank, OR one snake viv, OR one bird cage...

He is very understanding, but I'm constantly watching videos where people have a fish ROOM, or a reptile room, a frog room, or a room devoted to a mix of stuff.  To me, that's normal. 

Even with power strips, I'm running out of plug-ins.  9 watts here, 20 watts there, heating pads, heating panels, t-stats, avian lights, plant lights, bubblers, filters....the usage starts to add up.  My outside filters are on solar.  At some point, I want all this inside stuff on solar too.

Collecting these guys can be  addicting.  We bought a stock tank and set it up in the corner of the living room.  It's 150 gallons, but will only be filled half way.  I'm planning to move my telescopes and ranchu over to the tank when it's done cycling. The water level  will only be about a foot deep and the swimming should be easier for them.  Ethel , my  butterball oranda will also be moved over. She  arrived with float problems and this should help. 

I really like the wide open swim area this tank  offers.    Will post a video when done.

I think I'm glad Hubby keeps a tight leash on the wallet ;) 

Haha I love this thread! I feel like I'm taking a look into my future... :blink: I don't even have my tank fully set up and I'm itching for more. 

Would love some more fish tanks. We just don't have room. Also, BF and I have different ideas of what is "normal." Normal for him would be one tank, OR one snake viv, OR one bird cage...

He is very understanding, but I'm constantly watching videos where people have a fish ROOM, or a reptile room, a frog room, or a room devoted to a mix of stuff. To me, that's normal.

Even with power strips, I'm running out of plug-ins. 9 watts here, 20 watts there, heating pads, heating panels, t-stats, avian lights, plant lights, bubblers, filters....the usage starts to add up. My outside filters are on solar. At some point, I want all this inside stuff on solar too.

LOL! This is what I want. A dedicated room with racks and racks of fish! But then I also want my display tanks in conspicuous areas of the house as well.

I've thought about using solar for my pond pump but haven't figured it out yet. It would certainly my be nice to offset the electricity use of that and my inside filters.

Collecting these guys can be addicting. We bought a stock tank and set it up in the corner of the living room. It's 150 gallons, but will only be filled half way. I'm planning to move my telescopes and ranchu over to the tank when it's done cycling. The water level will only be about a foot deep and the swimming should be easier for them. Ethel , my butterball oranda will also be moved over. She arrived with float problems and this should help.

I really like the wide open swim area this tank offers. Will post a video when done.

Oh, I have a stock tank too! It's empty at the moment as I usually use it to grow out lilies in the late winter/spring. I'm bad because I know it's there and I can always set it up in my garage should I happen upon some new fishies in need of a home...!

I think I'm glad Hubby keeps a tight leash on the wallet ;)

I have to say I rarely buy anything unless it's on sale or I otherwise feel that it's a deal. That's the other part of my "problem"... I love bargain shopping and don't mind DIY... which matches well with the fish hobby.