Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fishstiks

Ich or Fungus? Please help

So sad to hear this! You should certainly look into getting a refund at the very least. Getting sent sick fish when you paid for quality is just bad business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you lost him.  So sad. So sorry you had to go through this.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what that was?  I know not 100% without scopte, but if not ich it almost looked like slime coat bunching up and sloughing off?  Yuck.

So sorry for your loss. If it's the route you choose to go, Coast Gem tends to be really good about refunds and replacements.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.  It was a bummer to lose him, but Coast Gem had been great to work with.

All the other fish seem to be doing well.  I will have to post some pictures soon, the black and white Oranda I got is turning orange, and fast.  It is amazing how much he has changed in just a week!

Hello all,

I am in need of help again.  Whatever the little ranchu had seems to be still a problem.  Now the 2nd ranchu I got is showing a spot on his face that looks similar to what the last one had, and a little bit of red streaking on his tail.  I tested the water again last night.

Ammonia 0-.25 (it was not completely yellow, but no dark enough to be .25, so there could be a small trace of ammonia in the tank

Nitrites 0

Nitrates between 10-20

I am going to up the eater changes to daily, I have been holding off on them a little due to the salt, and I just didn't want to stress these guys too much, but I am thinking the single biowheel 400 just cant keep up with them and I don't have any additional filtration to add at the moment.

I did a 90% water change, and resalted to maintain .3%.  The little ranchu still looks the same this morning.  He is still eating great, but does seem lethargic.  Not totally lethargic, but not as active as he should be, or as active as the other fish.

I really don't want to lose another fish, and none of the other fish seem to be having these issues, it seems to only be the 2 ranchus that have had trouble with this.

Should I give him a salt dip as well, or is it time to treat the tank?

[/url]">http://1F811B0F-837A-41F1-BDDF-F5BACA09B212_zps

[/url]">http://22B3A80A-4BF1-4986-8EE0-C9F0BA384CE5_zps

Keep the salt where it is, but let's start Furan-2. Use it just like the package indicates and keep the lights off. If nobody else is showing symptoms just move him to his own quarantine with the .3% salt, it won't interfere with the Furan-2. Please do a ten day course and we will see where we are at, we may need to do more days.

The daily water changes should definitely be done on the main quarantine regardless, we want to keep that ammonia down :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

Ok, Ill move him to the hospital tank and start the Furan-2.  I will do daily water changes on the QT tank also.  Thanks so much!!

IM so sorry for your loss.