Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gothicchick1100

Quarantine procedure

Hello, I have rescued two tiny comets from a lady who had them in a bowl with no filter, she won them from the fair as was wanting to get rid of them.

I currently have them in a 70 litre storage container with an established filter. So far no obvious illnesses, although one of them has some black on its mouth which I was thinking could be ammonia burns and the other fish isn't really eaten, they still seem quite scared (only got them last night) My question is what action should I take to quarantine them, obviously I need to treat for flukes, I suspect they have them, but how many rounds, and what salt concentration?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I would salt to 0.3% for two weeks then prazi for 2-3 rounds, depending on how they react.

Which prazi product are you using?

Good luck with quarantine.

I would salt to 0.3% for two weeks then prazi for 2-3 rounds, depending on how they react.

Which prazi product are you using?

I'll be using fluke solve as I'm in the UK.

They really are very tiny so should I be extra caution with how much medication I'm adding?

I believe Fluke Solve is only prazi, not any other meds, right?  Prazi is very safe.  I've used it on week old fry.  Always be cautious with dosing but if you end up overdosing slightly, they'll be fine.  :D

Sorry could somebody remind me how it works for two rounds to 3 rounds? I forget which days I am supposed to add salt/Prazi, at the moment the fish are at 0.3% salt. Do I keep adding salt whilst I am treating with Prazi?

How long have they been at 0.3% salt?  

How long have they been at 0.3% salt?

Only since last night.

Like I said before, I'd treat with 0.3% salt for 2 weeks then do just prazi.  If the Fluke Solve is powdered prazi (sorry I'm not familiar with it) then you can use both salt and prazi at the same time.   Is the QT tank filtered or not?

Like I said before, I'd treat with 0.3% salt for 2 weeks then do just prazi. If the Fluke Solve is powdered prazi (sorry I'm not familiar with it) then you can use both salt and prazi at the same time. Is the QT tank filtered or not?

The fish do seem to be darting out quite alot and spitting out food, so i am thinking they've got flukes, 3 fluke solve is powdered prazi, on what days shall i dose the prazi? I forget how its done. The tank is filtered yes.

When I do prazi in a filtered tank, I prazi day 1 then a week later, do a large WC and prazi again.  If you'd like to do a WC mid-week, go ahead and just redose the prazi.  :D  Since this is their first time being prazied, I would lean towards a mid-week WC and adding more prazi . . .

Good luck and keep us posted.  :)

When I do prazi in a filtered tank, I prazi day 1 then a week later, do a large WC and prazi again. If you'd like to do a WC mid-week, go ahead and just redose the prazi. :D Since this is their first time being prazied, I would lean towards a mid-week WC and adding more prazi . . .

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

So after the water change add the full dose, or just replace what's being taken out?

Replace what was taken out. :)

How are we doing now?