Kokos Goldfish Forum

Tomorrow I will be setting up my 75 for the new goldfish.  My niece is coming over to help her old aunt lol.

Got every thing I need, while I was at work yesterday my aqua clear filter came in.  So now I'm all set :)

Now just to drag my 75 up from the basement, that will be fun.  

Tomorrow I will be setting up my 75 for the new goldfish.  My niece is coming over to help her old aunt lol.

Got every thing I need, while I was at work yesterday my aqua clear filter came in.  So now I'm all set :)

Now just to drag my 75 up from the basement, that will be fun.  

Congratulations!!!! Don't forget to post picture's!!!!

I will!  

This is going to be different from my other tank.  I have always had the natural looking tank set ups.  This one I am going out on a limb, well for me anyway lol.  It will have black sand, purplish color fake plants and a couple of small gold turtles.  I am trying to decide on the back ground.  It will either be black or blue.  It may have to be blue, I think my 75 is already painted blue from when I had my reef tank lol.

I will!  

This is going to be different from my other tank.  I have always had the natural looking tank set ups.  This one I am going out on a limb, well for me anyway lol.  It will have black sand, purplish color fake plants and a couple of small gold turtles.  I am trying to decide on the back ground.  It will either be black or blue.  It may have to be blue, I think my 75 is already painted blue from when I had my reef tank lol.

Looking forward to seeing it.

AWESOME!

Cant wait to see photos :)

Sounds neat! :)

Well I got to darn busy to get my tank up.  To many things to do and not enough time to do them in a few days.

I did get to Petsmart and got a few things.  I picked up a Whisper air pump and a round air disk thingie.  I also got another HOB filter, it was the Aqueon 50/75.  I read one can never have to much filtration in a goldfish tank.  Most everything I got was on sale :)  I also picked up a couple of decorations so I could try different things in the tank.  I am not going to put all of it in, shoot there would be no room for fish lol.  But they were cheap and I can't pass up a bargain  :teehee

So I am hoping to get it set up tomorrow!  I plan on it anyway...

How are you doing with your tank?

I got it up now :)  Moved the goldfish to it.  I put a filter I have been using on another tank to help it jump start.  I like how it came out.  So simple looking.  I'm use to planted tanks with lots of plants lol.  But I love the look of the new set up.  No back ground on it yet.  I'm getting ready to download some pics from my camera.  It's still a bit hazy but that should clear up in about an hour or so.

I had 2 75s in my basement lolol.  But the blue background one was not in an easy spot for me to get.  So I got the other one up.  My brother was laughing at how many tanks I have down there.  I only have like 12  :teehee

Now I know it's ugly with out the back ground but I'll fix that tomorrow :)

I still have to tweak a few things like hiding the hoses and such.   But my back is killing me so I got done what "needed" to be done and will work on the more of the small things tomorrow.

Had to pretty much rearrange my whole living room again to squeeze it in again lolol.

DSC_0073_zps2n7nm1ao.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsy8qun7qh.jpg

oops double post :)

Edited by Annie742

I don't think it is ugly, I think it looks fantastic! Look at all that swimming space for those beautiful fish! I think when the cloudiness settles it will be really striking :)

I like the purple and blue tones next to the orange and white of the fish, it really sets them off.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Your tank looks great!!! I like the gold turtle's!!!!

Thank you both :)   It's ok, I won't be offended if it looks "off" :teehee .  This is my first attempt at a pretty fake planted tank lol.    You don't think it looks childish?  I'm not good with decorating this kind of tank.  I stole some ideas from this forum and other pictures I've seen on the internet :)

I got the turtles from Petsmart.  I liked them too. 

Oh thats very nice :)

It's so serene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Wow I love it! I think it looks amazing!

Tank cleared up nicely.

Still looks hazy without the background, but like I said that should be fixed today.  Not sure what I'm going to do but I'll figure something out.  I dislike tanks without back grounds, to me everything in the tank kinda fades together with out one.   My sister has the black and gold fish as I didn't want to crowd them in the 65 I had.  I'll be picking him up today.  She was my fish sitter  :D

Here is the tank this morning.

DSC_0078_zpsgg4ykqhn.jpg

DSC_0118_zps9dlkyrfv.jpg

Looks great! For my background, I just have a big piece of mat board from Hobby Lobby covered in a cool batik print fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good hun :)

Your tank looks great!!! I like the gold turtle's!!!!

That was my exact thought lol

I got it up now :) Moved the goldfish to it. I put a filter I have been using on another tank to help it jump start. I like how it came out. So simple looking. I'm use to planted tanks with lots of plants lol. But I love the look of the new set up. No back ground on it yet. I'm getting ready to download some pics from my camera. It's still a bit hazy but that should clear up in about an hour or so.

I had 2 75s in my basement lolol. But the blue background one was not in an easy spot for me to get. So I got the other one up. My brother was laughing at how many tanks I have down there. I only have like 12 :teehee

I love planted tanks but there is something to say for a simple open tank and beautiful fish. Iva actually started to like the minimalistic look a lot more myself.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Well got my background but didn't get it up yet, that will have to wait until next weekend.  I did get the third fish back from my fish sitter (my sister lol)

I'm not sure what he is, blackmoor maybe??  Either way he has the big eyes, which I'm really not comfortable with.  I worry about the eyes popping on something.  But he is in the tank with my others now.  They were the original 3 I got from the guy.

He is mostly black right now, orange face and a silver belly and white on some of his fins.  I know they can change colors but I'm kind of puzzled what color he will be in the end.  The pictures shows his belly more of an orange but it isn't, it's silver.  

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I hate when I think the tank is all clean and shiny then when you take a photo it all shows up  :teehee

DSC_0064_zpsy2dvicrq.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsnqs4ubh2.jpg

He is beautiful!!!!