Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
titch

Importing medications

7 posts in this topic

Hello UK folk  :hi

Not been on Koko's for long, but Shakaho and Koko are doing a fine job of helping me out in the D&D forum.

I've been asked to get hold of some Metro Plus to help with a bacterial infection, but I realise this isn't something that's readily available in the UK. Whist I'm at it I figured I may as well order some other 'non-UK' meds to keep in the cupboard just in case and was told Furan 2 and Triple Sulfa would be goods things to have.

I had planned on ordering from VitaminGrocer.co.uk which is a US based company that ships to the UK, but I have some reservations.

Has anyone used them before? Did you have any issues with customs? I guess I'm just concerned that if I order from them and the shipment is seized (is this likely with meds such as these?) then I've just wasted my money.

If you have any other sources for non-UK meds you could let me in on, I'd be really REALLY grateful  :hug

Thank you!!

Vitamin Grocer UK has only a fraction of the products available here.  The ones they offer must be the ones that can pass customs.

You can find reviews of them here.

Edited by shakaho

Vitamin Grocer UK has only a fraction of the products available here.  The ones they offer must be the ones that can pass customs.

You can find reviews of them here.

i can understand from these reviews that buyers felt mislead in thinking that the company is in the UK, when in fact it's in the US.. the few people that reviewed must not have read the terms and conditions or the 'about us' page which tells the public what they need to know. and so regardless of this, and the buyer being somewhat upset, their purchased products did arrive. this is the most important part. their products did arrive.

vitamingrocer.com.au runs the same way. i, myself have purchased from them and have nothing but excellent news to share. yes, they took about 15 business days to arrive but my order of kanaplex, metroplex, and a few other things not available in AU was delivered with no Customs issues. Australia has import laws more strict than the UK and for these products to arrive to my address really impressed me. i can't order from anyone else a product which is described as medicine and receive it. i have this tried countless times in the past and Customs have always held and destroyed my order.

a youtuber i was helping in NZ who have more restrictions than AU, received their medicated products order also. 

Thank you both.

I had read the reviews but they're mainly from people buying general items (perfume, tea, make-up etc) - not prescription-only meds. That was my concern.

I just wanted real-world experiences of people that have used them for 'contraband'!!  :teehee

I'm also in Australia and have bought metroplex, kanaplex and Prazi Pro from Vitamingrocer. All arrived without any problems on multiple occasions :D

Thanks FishMandy.

Looks like UK site has a different range of products to the AU site as there doesn't seem to be any Seachem meds available to me  :thumbdown

I've seen the ***plex products recommended on Kokos so it would've been nice to get my hands on them, but I'll have to make do with the alternatives I guess.

Thanks FishMandy.

Looks like UK site has a different range of products to the AU site as there doesn't seem to be any Seachem meds available to me  :thumbdown

I've seen the ***plex products recommended on Kokos so it would've been nice to get my hands on them, but I'll have to make do with the alternatives I guess.

they may not have the 1 med on it's own, but they have the general cure which has a good amount of Metronidazole in it, combined with Praziquantel https://www.vitamingrocer.co.uk/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-General-Cure-Powder-p/304684.htm

they also have E.M. Erythromycin, which is a broad spectrum antibiotic https://www.vitamingrocer.co.uk/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-E-M-Erythromycin-Powder-p/304690.htm

as well as Furan 2 https://www.vitamingrocer.co.uk/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-Furan-2-Powder-p/304693.htm

and triple sulfa: https://www.vitamingrocer.co.uk/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-Triple-Sulfa-Powder-p/304689.htm

all of the above have been frequently recommended by forum members for a number of health related fish issues.