Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cohazard

Petsmart Black Friday sale is lit!

I just got confirmation emails that the items are ready for pick up, so it seems the employees were smart and set aside the online orders before they open the doors. I'm super relieved.

Gonna be a long day of swapping out all my XP3 filters for the fluvals. Might just find the time for a beer or two, and some fish photography. :)

So how was your filter swap adventure. Hope everything went well. You still.owe us pictures of your fish from Nimit :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I just got confirmation emails that the items are ready for pick up, so it seems the employees were smart and set aside the online orders before they open the doors. I'm super relieved.

Gonna be a long day of swapping out all my XP3 filters for the fluvals. Might just find the time for a beer or two, and some fish photography. :)

So how was your filter swap adventure. Hope everything went well. You still.owe us pictures of your fish from Nimit :)

Everything went smooth thanks, rinsed everything out and got the new tank filled and running late Friday night.

Yesterday I moved all the fish out of the QT tank and moved the rest of the media from the filters running on that tank into the FX6s.

YXA9SJ1.jpg

I do owe you guys pics I've been posting everything to my IG.

New thread coming up in the photo lounge :)

@serg what is your IG id

@muffluvin did you order the fluval gravel vac for the Fx6?

I just got shipping notifications not sure why I wasn't expecting it this soon

@serg nope. Wifey capped my holiday spendings to cover just the fx6 and two 240ml bottles of ejuice :)

Would the vacuum make tank maintenace easir?

@serg nope. Wifey capped my holiday spendings to cover just the fx6 and two 240ml bottles of ejuice :)

Would the vacuum make tank maintenace easir?

I honestly don't know if it'll make it easier but I'm anxious to try it out.

I like that I can do spot cleaning without changing water if I feel like it or if they make a mess.

I'm curious how the suction will compare to using the faucet siphone and gravity.

Edited by Serg

Do a video review when you get yours :)

Hold on serg, I just remembered that the vac only works with the 2nd gen. Arent the 2nd gen fx6 then the one that came out in 2015? And I remember reading on Amazon that you get like a code to redeem a free vac from fluval. Do this mean you got the 2015 model for $170 + tax?

Hold on serg, I just remembered that the vac only works with the 2nd gen. Arent the 2nd gen fx6 then the one that came out in 2015? And I remember reading on Amazon that you get like a code to redeem a free vac from fluval. Do this mean you got the 2015 model for $170 + tax?

I don't know about all that but yeah there were vouchers inside with a code to redeem for the vacs you just have to pay shipping.

Mine did not caome with one. If yours have the big a$$ "in and out" labels then I think they're 2015. Yours have the red baskets that fits on the white ones?

I would love to see a video of this one set up and used. Its a cool filter :)

Mine did not caome with one. If yours have the big a$$ "in and out" labels then I think they're 2015. Yours have the red baskets that fits on the white ones?

Yup it's got those labels on top and theblittle red baskets. That threw me off because I owned Fx5's before and it used to be just three big baskets. I guess one last prefilter can't hurt before the water hits the bio.

You hit the jackpot if all your fx6 are the 2015 models. Those are the 2nd gen and for $170 before taxes, that is one heck of a deal. Did you claim all the vouchers?

I was aiming for the 2nd gen because of those red baskets. At least you can put in prefilters prior to the stock sponges on the 1st layer. Fill the 2nd layer with either biomax or matrix. Then on the 3rd layer put all your chem bags on the red basket the fill the last tray with either bio or polishing pads.

Man, the goldfish gods sure love you.

You hit the jackpot if all your fx6 are the 2015 models. Those are the 2nd gen and for $170 before taxes, that is one heck of a deal. Did you claim all the vouchers?

I was aiming for the 2nd gen because of those red baskets. At least you can put in prefilters prior to the stock sponges on the 1st layer. Fill the 2nd layer with either biomax or matrix. Then on the 3rd layer put all your chem bags on the red basket the fill the last tray with either bio or polishing pads.

Man, the goldfish gods sure love you.

Wow I had no idea! I thought all Fx6 were the same.

For my stacks I used the bio foam on the first red basket, and the foam pads from my xp3 filters in the second level, second tray has established matrix in the red basket, and lava rock on the bottom level, third tray I only used the carbon foam pad because I wasn't sure if I wanted to add more bio or use the filter bags for purigen and chemi pure. I'll probably look into getting an extra set of the red trays so that I can split the last level and do both bio and chemical/polishing.

The bio foam confuses me because it seems to be the same coarseness as the white pre filter sponges, so it's not really keeping much crap out from the bio, unless pairs with a polishing pad which would decrease the time between filter maintenance.

I still used it because the one thing I didn't like about my Fx5's was the bio getting dirty on the top layer.

If I were you, I would return the Fx6 gen 1 and ask for the 2nd gen or maybe contact fluval and tell them about your experience, I'm willing to bet they'll hook you up with the gen 2 baskets with red trays.