Kokos Goldfish Forum
yogosans14

High quality Bubble Eye Goldfish

Does anyone sell high quality bubble eyes?

I can only find bubble eyes on ebay and they are low quality about 2.5 inches long :( I guess this variety isnt very popular, I used to own one and I loved it.

They aren't very popular. I saw a cute one in the goldfish show in Atlanta a while ago (my fantail beat him lol). Calico pattern. The lady said she got him with a Koi shipment, but I can't recall from where.

Coast Gem Usa and Solid Gold both sell high quality telescopes. Raingarden goldfish and Dandy Orandas can both sell telescopes but it's not guaranteed.

DO had some killer bubbles last auction. Pricey but nice. DO shipping is also not cheap but excellent and fast.

King Koi and Goldfish also had some a while back. They are primarily selling on Instagram ATM but he is working on his website and seems very responsive based on feedback I've seen. Might be worth an email/DM. He might not have any ATM but might be able to get some in.

I couldn't get Coast Gem to give me the time of day on Instagram and it seems their fish are sold the second after they are posted. Others have had good experiences with them so it might be worth it to reach out as well. I have not seen them post any bubble eye, but as above bubbles don't get as many "likes" as the Thai oranda/ranchu/tele butterfly trifecta so they might have some in stock, just not on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They get bigger ;). Most bubble eyes don't grow more than five or six inches in body length and I have two siblings that are vastly different in size - one is almost two years old and is about 2 standard inches and the other is 4.5 already. But honestly the quality of them is high, nice smooth backs, good fins and the proper size and proportion, good bubbles.

There aren't a ton of breeders but most here in the US are mid range imports when you do find them. Good nutrition and tank conditions do far more than breeding. Are you going to find them on Dandy Orandas or similar sites? I haven't seen any, though it's possible depending on the farm selection . But there are several great stores for them on eBay and they're very reasonably priced.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Dandy Orandas had a bunch during his last auction. Of course I already have 4 and don't really have room for another. DO bubble eyes have been the highest quality that I have come across. I hunted for a while and finally just bought the ones that I could find (1 from a LFS where I live, 2 from a LFS an hour away, and on off eBay) because nobody, and I mean NOBODY, really carries them. I e-mailed all of the LFS in my area and even some about 2 hours away, nada. From talking to a LFS they don't usually do well in shipping and they are so popular in Asia that there aren't many left over to make it to the US. The ones that do are very low quality, bottom of the barrel fish :( Which is the case with 3 of mine. Still my favorite though and I love the ones that I have. :fishtank

:hi Let me know if I can help at all. I came across quite a few on-line sites that carry them, but are out of stock ATM and don't know about quality. Try the links below:

https://www.petsolutions.com/Default.aspx?ItemId=Red-Bubble-Eye-Goldfish&CategoryId=Pond-Fish-Goldfish

http://yourfishstore.com/collections/gold-fish

http://www.livekoiforsale.com/Shubunkins%20and%20Goldfish.html

http://aquariumfishtest.com/catalog-pages-goldfish-and-koi-bubble-eye-goldfish-for-sale-htm

Good luck in your search!!!

DO had some killer bubbles last auction. Pricey but nice. DO shipping is also not cheap but excellent and fast.

King Koi and Goldfish also had some a while back. They are primarily selling on Instagram ATM but he is working on his website and seems very responsive based on feedback I've seen. Might be worth an email/DM. He might not have any ATM but might be able to get some in.

I couldn't get Coast Gem to give me the time of day on Instagram and it seems their fish are sold the second after they are posted. Others have had good experiences with them so it might be worth it to reach out as well. I have not seen them post any bubble eye, but as above bubbles don't get as many "likes" as the Thai oranda/ranchu/tele butterfly trifecta so they might have some in stock, just not on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so upset last weekend. I logged on to DO late  :madrant  and they were all sold!!! All 6 of them :doh11:

Yup, Dandy Orandas does have lovely bubbles.  I just don't have the space for ANY more fish (even with discounted shipping the last two weeks), but window shopping is still fun. 

BuyGoldFishOnLine had two very pretty blue bubble eyes several months ago.  I would have bought them, but a hacked cc caused a delay until I could l get a new card, and by then they were sold.  I e-mailed the shop, he says he gets them in on occasion.

You might want to contact this breeder.  He breeds bubble eyes and may have some available.