Kokos Goldfish Forum

Hmm so for the past 2 months or so there has been a beautiful big ryukin at my LFS. I've been tempted to buy it but was quite worried about its extreme body shape. 2 weeks ago I decided if it was still there this week I would get it...then a week later decided that I shouldn't. Today I went back to that shop and he was still there! 
But I didn't buy him.

I still had doubts. 
I don't want doubts when I buy a fish.

I glanced down at the very bottom tank and saw her. A beautiful and cute calico ryukin I knelt down and she swam to the front. I put my finger to the glass and she nudged against it. I asked for her to be bagged up.

HZrqh7Z.jpg

jeneQzi.jpg

FlCJybk.jpg

cZO65y8.jpg

After her QT she will go in my bedroom tank. Which will make me stocked at 16g per fish but I can handle that.

I could tell that if I left that store without her, I was going to have big regrets.

Edited by FishyMandy

Beautiful!  Don't you love it when a fish says, "Take me home, please"?

She's a beaut! It was meant to be :wub:

Congrats!

I absolutely love her. Thanks guys! I'm so glad I broke my resolve of not buying anymore fish.

He's awesome. The other Ryukin didn't have a super extreme shape to me. He had excellent balance I thought. His color was a bit plain (probably why he was still there) but he's not a Dandy Orandas way overdone Ryukin. Even still - Roo is way better. A calico Ryukin, my most favorite type and color pattern ever... So happy to see him!

Oh I'm sorry you got my fish by mistake.... I'll just come over and retrieve her.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Gorgeous fish :D great find!

Oh I'm sorry you got my fish by mistake.... I'll just come over and retrieve her.

now, now what have we told you about lying she's not your's she was meant to be mine :rofl

You're both wrong... She is MY fishy lol

I love the name, and as I already said I adore calicos! What a cutie!

You're both wrong... She is MY fishy lol

you'll have to fight us first :D

Lol... I'm kidding. I had space for one, but ended up with two.. So definitely can't spare another. Y'all fight away. I shall watch!

Lol... I'm kidding. I had space for one, but ended up with two.. So definitely can't spare another. Y'all fight away. I shall watch!

haha I have been thinking of switching my tropicals into a smaller tank so I can have another goldfish... Either Roo or Luka would look great in my 42 gallon tank :D

He's awesome. The other Ryukin didn't have a super extreme shape to me. He had excellent balance I thought. His color was a bit plain (probably why he was still there) but he's not a Dandy Orandas way overdone Ryukin. Even still - Roo is way better. A calico Ryukin, my most favorite type and color pattern ever... So happy to see him!

He was very extreme compared to what I usually see around here :o So ROUND. Almost pearlscale round. There was another one same shape and size in the tank that was already looking like it was struggling with swim bladder and that's part of what point me off.

But yea I've been wanting a calico ryukin for a while now, but hadnt seen on in stores that really grabbed me until now :)

Gorgeous fish :D great find!

now, now what have we told you about lying she's not your's she was meant to be mine :rofl

You guys! :rofl

She is beautiful!!! 

Chris here... I think you can feel really good about your choice... There are quite a few green eyed members out here.... :rofl3. Bravo!!!!

oh my! Those colors are awesome!!!