RosiBosi

unexpected babies :))))

51 posts in this topic

hello guys, a hole month my two beauties spawn and spread eggs every weekend. The third time of laying eggs, while syphoning the tank I saw the eyes in 5 or 6 eggs so I was helpless :) had to save them. Now I have 3 little babies that are 48 hours old. I never had the aim to multiply my fishes but my heart just cant let them die. Those 3 little eyelids are in a plastic box with air-stone and if they make it till 5 days what should I do? I have to move them in a small tank i suppose with low water level. Should I put some conditioner in the new water or just keep it fresh as it is? when should i make the first wc? what should i do :) ? thank u in advance. Much love, Rosie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will do fine in a bowl/tub of shallow water (5-6 cm).  If you have two bowls, you can transfer the babies to fresh water every second day.  If you have chlorine in your water, you must use water conditioner.  Baby fry die within minutes in chlorinated water.  

For food, you can use pure spirulina powder, which you can find as a nitritional supplement for people.  If you have an object in a fish tank that has algae growing on it, you can transfer that to to the baby tub to provide live food for them to nibble on.  

thanks a lot!

Congratulations!!!! 

Congrats on the babies! Good luck with them!

thank u Mandy :)) they are trying to swim already I hope they will make it (happy)

Congratulations and good luck with the little guy! :)

okay, I bought spirullin but its not powder its pills. I will easily crush it into powder but the question is how much of it should i give to those little creatures?

A tiny speck.  Once they clean it up (maybe after several hours) give them more.  They don't eat much with those little mouths.

Post a photo and Ill give you an Award :) in your sig :)

2d1ca66f279df63d73bec1aacd0591c0.jpg5fa9073613d9aacf5237c2c5652f80d4.jpg

10x Koko but my Award will be if they survive and be nice healthy fishes. Thats what I want :))))))

10x Koko but my Award will be if they survive and be nice healthy fishes. Thats what I want :))))))

:thumbs:

:heart Keep us updated as they grow! I love seeing fry growth!

e25191eecebec1038bca985f37769ead.jpg346c79db45e71eb7193f839b9da31289.jpgad7c1cee2cd53c25ee5b74c1ffa27814.jpg. He/She is 8 days free swimmer now, still so small but having a good time. Now developing a shape of a fish and im so so happy :))))

SO cute! I love when  they are at this stage lol. its so fun watching them grow

84e0c2483cf844d8826b66c7946f0894.jpg Hi again, don't u think that the fry is smaller than it should be for a 12 days old fry? Im feeding with sera micron and smashed peas sometimes.

So cute!!!!

c59241930c68d8dbeab1c9245eb85176.jpg the little friend is doing well these days, now I can say it is growing with every hour on and that makes me ( happy happy happy)

Glad he is doing well.

up to date Happy new year everyone, be happy! (luv) 82a4ba72f95378b442d5478f4baba8b1.jpg46af67f3b636c7261bc75a2da1f72a76.jpg

Chris here... what kind of fish will this baby grow into??? Soooooo cute! :)

Hi Chris, I think it will be an oranda :) like his father :)))) we will see, so curious about it :)