Kokos Goldfish Forum
Speckles

Goldfish at the surface

Hey do goldfish have to come to the surface or need to go the the surface for air or anything?

I was just wondering if it was bad to have a mesh below the water surface that stops them from surfacing?

Hey do goldfish have to come to the surface or need to go the the surface for air or anything?

I was just wondering if it was bad to have a mesh below the water surface that stops them from surfacing?

Well all fish will come to the top, but over doing it will get air in there bodies and thats not good. If your fish are doing this alot I would put a Mesh up there :) Or duckweed :)

Thanks koko, I wasn't sure if this was bad for them or not. Maybe just in a spoiling their fun way?

The last few days Ive been turning the bubbles off while I feed and this seems to help :idont

The duckweed doesn't last long in the tank :teehee .

The stupid weather we are having lately is making it hard to grow duckweed outside (cold warm cold warm), but I can get my supply to last about a month. My latest supply is just hanging in there...I will need to supplement it soon. Ive been able to feed my fish more gel and pellet food lately though without head diving issues, so that's great it was getting quite frustrating :doh11:

Unless they were having buoyancy issues or hanging out near the surface when not feeding I wouldn't worry or do anything about it.

Thanks AM. It is definitely the bubbles. Turning them off for a while when feeding and waiting till the feeding frenzY is over is working. I think it's my gutsy fish wanting more and they go for the bubbles . It's just from eating too much air after feeding they head dive or float for the afternoon. But not lately with no bubbles on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy cos I can feed them more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk