Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
horserider36

New Chu From DO... and a big question.

29 posts in this topic

And welcome back!  I don't think we were ever on the forum at the same time, but I recently watched one of the videos you posted a few years back and couldn't stop laughing :D

We miss you and love you!  You are so funny Emily! 

I hope your fish friends do well.

Congrats on the new addition.  86 is ridiculously adorable.  I hope you have a very boring QT :)

And welcome back!  I don't think we were ever on the forum at the same time, but I recently watched one of the videos you posted a few years back and couldn't stop laughing :D

Looking forward to reading how the sponge filter worked out for you.  Seems like a pretty cool product.

Thanks! And omg I forgot about those videos! Lord hammercy... those were the days.

We miss you and love you!  You are so funny Emily! 

I hope your fish friends do well.

Haha thank you :) Missed you guys too, for sure.

So did the filter make a difference with the ammonia?

So did the filter make a difference with the ammonia?

Nah, not really. I installed it on the 26th and have been monitoring it since then. The ammonia is about the same, but I am now consistently reading low numbers of nitrates so I suppose that's something. I had a review thread all written out but I chickened out and didn't post it.

Sometimes I'm afraid my understanding of how a non-textbook nitrogen cycle begins isn't correct and I don't want to confuse people.

It's a great little filter though! It's well made, was well packaged, and shipped quickly. No complaints at all there. I'll definitely buy from them again if I need something.