FishyMandy

A Comet Named Tiger

19 posts in this topic

It was July 25, 2008. I had started keeping fish just a few months before. I was in the petshop, looking at the fish.

He was in a tank of Orange comets, but he had a black stripe on him. I immediately wanted him and immediately named him Tiger for his orange and black colouring. When he lost his black he kept true to his name with his 'go get 'em' personality.

I never thought, walking out the petshop, back then, that he would be with me for over eight years.

He became good friends with Cali, a calico fantail I had bought not long before. During the next seven years he would chase away any other fish that tried to chase her, and sat by her side when she wasn't well. After Cali died Tiger sulked for a while but soon perked up. He never showed interest in any of the other fish like he did with Cali though. She was his girl.

He fathered quite a few fry. I still have seven of them.

His favourite food was bloodworms. He would always give me a laugh when I dropped a frozen cube in the tank and instead of picking at it as it defrosted he would grab the whole cube and swim around with it stuck in his mouth, chewing as it melted. He didn't like to share his bloodworms!

He was always so bright and full of life.Even through been in a constantly cycling overstocked tank, through all of my mistakes he never showed any sign of distress.

In his last year he developed some small tumors but he never let them bother him. He was always the first to greet me when I approached the tank. It was only at the very end that his lost his zip and that's when I knew it was time to let him go.

It's going to be very different not seeing him there to greet me. Here are some photos from Tigers years with me.

QBbgsBS.jpg

Y723mXO.jpg

MR7i45L.jpg

Us4o3x8.jpg

zSn8EfN.jpg

y1xsemM.jpg

W0GWdWj.jpg

HA1au86.jpg

4NwRj4J.jpg

Im04uIF.jpg

RIP Tiger. I'll miss you

Edited by FishyMandy

Chris here... I'm so sorry at the loss of your beloved friend... :rip: Tiger...

Awe Mandy! That is beautiful. Im so sorry u lost your baby. Sending lots of hugs

RIP Tiger!

XXX

Oh no, Im sorry Mandy! :bye2:  What a gorgeous and loved fishy friend <3

What a beautiful story.  I am so sorry you lost him, but he brought so much joy and happiness to your life.

Very sorry for your loss Mandy. RIP Tiger.

That was a wonderful obituary, Mandy :heart It's obvious how much he was loved :goldfish:

S.I.P. Tiger

Sorry to hear of your loss - Tiger looks like he was a real neat fish! That's great that you have all those pics of him, & some offspring.

What a beautiful tribute for such a wonderful finned friend  :heart  May Tiger swim in peace.

Sorry you lost Tiger,  Mandy. :cry

What a nice tribute! He and Cali sound so special. RIP Tiger!

Thank you everyone :heart Your kind comments mean a lot to me. 

Im sorry hun :(

Very pretty fish. Nice and red. RIP

Nice long life. Strong boy. Great tribute. May he swim free.

Thank you guys xx

That was a lovely tribute.  sadhug.gifSwim in peace forever, Tiger.

Thank you MG xxx It's been a couple weeks and it's still strange not seeing him in my tank. I still tear up when I think about him been gone...but can remember the funny things he did and smile now. And can look at my tank without crying