Kokos Goldfish Forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mTg94Sapfw

Orandas have grown on me. His face is just MUSH. He's a baby. His adults were humongous. I've had some losses, none connected, none with the same symptoms/reasons. Let's hope he does okay. He wasn't expensive, I am too scared/poor to risk a more expensive fish. Don't know what gender. Thai Oranda. Lemon head. MUSH FACE.

Citrine is beautiful!!!! I LOVE Oranda's!!!!

such a cutie :heart

It is not your usual little, compared to the tinies you normally take home :teehee Adorable, good luck! 

Edited by jenzaar

such a cutie :heart

It is not your usual little, compared to the tinies you normally take home :teehee Adorable, good luck!

Breeder said parents are giants. Said this fish is only 4 months old. His 9 month olds were really big. Have no reason to think him a liar. His Thai Oranda won Grand Champion and was enormous. I asked ages of all fish before buying, but I'd probably have gotten this musher regardless. I love baby fish, though.

Too cute! I love the colouring and shape sort of peachy coloured :wub:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's very cute! I love a good rounded wen, not too bulbous or all on top :)

Chris here... Oh!!! MJ your new baby is darling!!!!! I want!!!! :heart

Thanks everyone. The face mush is just... So adorable...

Cute little mushy!

My goodness that little chunker is CUTE!  Congrats :D

Adorable new fish!

Wow gorgeous and that is simply amazing for 4 months old!!! :yikes:thud

I have 2-3 year old fish smaller than that, in fact, most of my fish are smaller than that lol

Edited by FishyMandy

Wow gorgeous and that is simply amazing for 4 months old!!! :yikes:thud

I have 2-3 year old fish smaller than that, in fact, most of my fish are smaller than that lol

I've never seen huge Orandas like his before. He said they are often even larger over in Thailand and that they don't grow as well in America. Even larger?!!! Wow! This baby swims well for now, but I've seen a lot of these compact Thai Orandas develop swimming problems as they age. I'm very concerned about it, so for now he's in the shallow storage tub. Isn't he just mush?! So adorable! I love the compact shape, it reminds me of Ryukins. He's got some wen over his right eye I just notice and doesn't seem to see very well on that side, so I drop the food on his other side. I loveee him. I hope he does well here. I'm going to try very hard with him.

He is so adorable!!!! 

And yes, I absolutely believe he is 4 months.  At a breeder social I attended a month ago, a breeder sent 3 red thai orandas that were also 4 months old.  Their bodies were at least 5 inches (excluding tail).  They were giant, and I was skeptical that they could possible be 4 months old.  But another individual there said they'd been watching the breeder post pictures online of them since they hatched and said the age checked out.  I've never seen any other goldfish grow so quickly.

Another guy told me the same thing. Apparently Thai Oranda fish get really big sometimes. This one isn't 5 inches (yikes!) but he's pretty big for his age. All my babies are so WEE. But then, they aren't Thai Orandas lol.

Oooo... so nice! That is a good looking fish! Perfect name for him too. Bet he's gonna get BIG. Can't wait to watch him grow out!

The poop. So much poop. I have not weighed yet. Will do today so I can get exactly how much to feed. He's in 18 gallon storage tub and I'm doing daily WC of 5 gallons for now. I want to leave him here because I think it's good for him, but I also want to see him in a tank. Decisions, decisions!

Just weighed...

61 grams

At this age? Yikes!

Edited by mjfromga

He's gonna be a biggie for sure :D  Looking forward to seeing your updates as he grows.

Another guy told me the same thing. Apparently Thai Oranda fish get really big sometimes. This one isn't 5 inches (yikes!) but he's pretty big for his age. All my babies are so WEE. But then, they aren't Thai Orandas lol.

I have a Thai oranda with ten and twelve inch parents, but so far she is only maybe three and a half inches standard length at a year old. I do believe some don't grow as well over here. In my case it's that I don't have enough fresh flow through my system for maximum fish growth, but she is still a good size. I don't think she will be nearly as big as her parents but they can do a lot of growing in the first two or three years so it's hard to tell.

Eh - all my fish are cheap and small. Rhonda is over a year and is still 22 grams. Slate was a decent size (70-80 grams), but not huge. Same with Nericon (60-70 grams). I can say this..

Citrine, Thai Oranda- 4 months, 61 grams

Ulliri, mutt Ryukin baby - 4 months, 7-8 grams.

Says a lot right there. Citrine is already larger than I know most of my fish can ever get. With my GARBAGE tap water, I'm just hoping he can thrive. He doesn't have to get enormous. I find wee fish very cute and not as POOPY as big ones.

Edited by mjfromga

Citrine the mush head is doing really well so far. Eats insane, poops insane, and red streaking almost gone already (there was quite a lot when I got him). They're REALLY rough with these babies. He netted the fish up super roughly and just chucked them roughly into floating bowls for people to view. Reminded me of that "How it's made" video a while ago. Yikes! He assured everyone that the fish were strong and that it does no real harm. 

DSCN2777_zpsvsa13h6n.jpg

DSCN2774_zpssltyghkc.jpg

DSCN2770_zpsdwxekrcb.jpg

IDK what Thai Orandas are supposed to look like as I've seen them built and shaped all kinds of different ways, but I do know I loveeeee them lol