Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
fantailfan1

Hmmmm . . . How did they get here?!

44 posts in this topic

Soooo this happened
S/he was sold as a ryukin, of course, but looks more fantail to me. :lol2. S/he weighs in at a whopping 5.8 g and is yet to be named.
5c0ad83a519c5c7a37e4903c59178b9d.jpg

0eae1f76468b68d6a46df4ad708b2832.jpg

Then somehow this happened too!! :o

S/he weighs 11.2 g and was sold as a calico lion head ranchu. Way to cover all your bases Blue Fish. :rofl3  Alyssa named it Button as it has one button eye and is our first button eyed fish ever.  :o
9273e0ddaf269a56fe7fd9175061012f.jpg

9c9449ef9626ae723b5ae7d48af35453.jpg

4a914e4249e50e0144f0cdd01d0ddfb5.jpg

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a video

They are in separate tanks as I got them from different stores  :peeka  and the fantail has ich :yikes    Hopefully I can nip it in the bud.  :o

They are sooo cute! Those are gonna be some fins :o :o

I love button eyes, and think you guys will too. :D

:wub: congrats!!! :nana

They are so cute!!!!  :wub:  Congratulations!!!!

Awww cuties!!

So cute! Hopefully the ich goes away cleanly.

Chris here... that dang fishy fairy strikes again!!! :angelstaf::rofl3

They just jumped into your bag right? :rofl

:Congrats::nana:happydance:rockon:hi5

I love button eyes too! Great name selection :D Reminds me of Waddles

The fantail is a beaut too :wub:

Im jelly you have lfs that you can get littles from

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!!  :nana

Aubrey, that's the first thing Alyssa said when she saw him "Aawwwwwwwwww, look mom!!  It's a little Waddles!!".  :heart

Yeah, I'm really glad I can get little ones!  I just love watching them grow and change!  :D

So pretty! The first one does look like an undeveloped ryukin to me. It'll be interesting to see how kt grows!

Oh I likey..... Great find hun :thumbs:

So pretty! The first one does look like an undeveloped ryukin to me. It'll be interesting to see how kt grows!

Perhaps but I see fantail. Too long of a caudal peduncle, dorsal fin not set like a Ryukins, caudal fins way too long. Usually 5 gram Ryukins (have had several, including one who grew a ribbon tail) won't have anywhere close to the caudal finnage of that fish, but fantails often will. Snout and head angle not what I'm used to seeing in Ryukins either.

They are gorgeous but please (im begging you) stop putting the idea in my head that I need a Ranchu again as I have no space left in any of my current tanks and that would lead to me setting up another tank and then I would find another fish I liked and the cycle would go on and on :rofl

Grats Lisa. I hope you are able to get them well quickly.

Perhaps but I see fantail. Too long of a caudal peduncle, dorsal fin not set like a Ryukins, caudal fins way too long. Usually 5 gram Ryukins (have had several, including one who grew a ribbon tail) won't have anywhere close to the caudal finnage of that fish, but fantails often will. Snout and head angle not what I'm used to seeing in Ryukins either.

I agree.  And I'm probably one of the very few who would rather have a fantail.   :rofl   I've just had better luck with them--never had floaty/swim bladder issues with a fantail.   :teehee  My current oldest fish is a 7 yr old fantail.   :wub:  And besides, that taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllll.   :lisa:

They had a couple other nicely shaped ryukins about the same size but I liked the darker orangish red color of this one and the body shape is less likely to develop swim bladder issues so had to take this one.  The other ones were super cute though.  It was a tough decision.  :D

Thanks!!  Actually I think those were just bubbles.  :rofl  I looked at the pics Alyssa took of him in the bag along with the fact that those spots were gone shortly after I posted the pics and I went :hmm  

:rofl

Patti, my girl at Blue Fish :rofl , said the ranchu just came in yesterday and if she didn't know me she wouldn't sell him yet.  She said they usually QT for 2 weeks before they sell but since she knows me she'd sell him.  That, and she said all the fish that came in with him all look fantastic/healthy/no unusual signs or symptoms.  She offered to hold him for me for 2 weeks while they QTed him but I said NO WAY!  :rofl3

Thanks!!  Actually I think those were just bubbles.   :rofl  I looked at the pics Alyssa took of him in the bag along with the fact that those spots were gone shortly after I posted the pics and I went :hmm

Patti, my girl at Blue Fish :rofl , said the ranchu just came in yesterday and if she didn't know me she wouldn't sell him yet.  She said they usually QT for 2 weeks before they sell but since she knows me she'd sell him.  That, and she said all the fish that came in with him all look fantastic/healthy/no unusual signs or symptoms.  She offered to hold him for me for 2 weeks while they QTed him but I said NO WAY!   :rofl3

That's good news :thumb: I love that ranchu. I love calicos of any type of goldfish.

Well I see you got your calico fantail one way or the other ... nice looking fish

:Congrats: I hope qt is uneventful.

Thanks!!  Actually I think those were just bubbles.   :rofl  I looked at the pics Alyssa took of him in the bag along with the fact that those spots were gone shortly after I posted the pics and I went :hmm

Patti, my girl at Blue Fish :rofl , said the ranchu just came in yesterday and if she didn't know me she wouldn't sell him yet.  She said they usually QT for 2 weeks before they sell but since she knows me she'd sell him.  That, and she said all the fish that came in with him all look fantastic/healthy/no unusual signs or symptoms.  She offered to hold him for me for 2 weeks while they QTed him but I said NO WAY!   :rofl3

That's good news :thumb: I love that ranchu. I love calicos of any type of goldfish.

Amen! This is the quote of the day :rockon

Well I see you got your calico fantail one way or the other ... nice looking fish

Lol. Well I got a calico AND a fantail....

Checking each other out. :rofl

39e1fb9cfa2d1e0d5db57e63bb27e86f.jpg

Someone should really clean that glass.  :yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how they want to be friends thru the glass :heart

I'll call them a ryukin and a ranchu, but if the wen doesn't develop on the latter, you have an eggfish.  Good luck on that!  ;)