Sign in to follow this  
Distaff

They're Here!

7 posts in this topic

Got a tracking number this morning.  Called our local post office to notify me upon arrival tomorrow morning.  The closest bigger town called this evening - said they were at the hub, and we could p/u directly if the could get there w/i and hour. 

The order was a blue budgie, and a green.  They are small, and too young to sex.  I'm keeping them in semi-darkness for now, so they can stay calm.  (our dogs, however, were VERY excited.)  The blue looks peaceful, and absolutely perfect.  Frankly, not sure about the green (seems more stressed, smaller, and maybe a bit odd looking) - I'll get a better look at him tomorrow morning.

They are in the top half of a Critter Nation.  Nice cage, good size, good bar spacing.  The ratties were moved to the lower half (they didn't seem to mind).  Our fruit trees need pruning, so I cut some apple branches for perches, hung a toy I made this afternoon - wooden spool, wooden beads, some crumpled paper tied up in a hemp cord.  Looks safe to me...not much experience here - hope it IS safe.

Soi glad they arrived safely!

How exciting! :clapping:

Cool beans! Can't wait to see them :happydance

Thanks, everyone!

The small green budgie still looked very stressed this morning.  I played some budgie chirping/tweeting videos which at least got him off the back bars he was clinging to.  Turns out there is a large selection of bird tweeting on YouTube.  You can even select one for ten hours, if going off to work.  ...who knew?

They are NOT heading to the floor for the food and water, so, those are now up (and I hope high enough - I had to use platforms, hadn't planned on hanging feeders).

Fingers crossed they take some food and water today.

Edited by Distaff

IM looking forward to seeing them!!!!