Kokos Goldfish Forum
Chris1251

There is a new fish in the house

Chris here... First of all I fully expect that Koko will smack me with the stick... :donthit: I just couldn't help my self... It's all Amoonklein's fault... :tantrum

I purchased an ECR oranda a few weeks ago... We call it the fish with the dirty face, at least till my oldest son (the giver of names) comes up with one that fits. Today dirty face joined the Mr. Potato Head, Hindenburg and Nautilus (aka little fishy) in the tank...

I took everyone out and did a complete WC and cleaning, then put dirty face in to get accustomed to the new digs then added the others back in... They all have been doing the meet and greet dance for a couple of hours now... :)

I'm hoping that my over filtration and pristine water conditions will allow them all to thrive... I promise not to get anymore water babies until I get a bigger house for them.... :gfish:

Here are my water babies...

Edited by Chris1251

Aww we're all guilty of this. I recently did it with my wee Ulliri as well. I also have a 30 gallon tub that I'd love to decorate and toss a fishy or two inside, as well. He's a pretty fishy. Building a nice collection.

Chris here... Thanks!!! I just had the need for an oranda... :heart I was surprised how big dirty face is next to Mr. Potato Head... I think Mr. P is a little confused about not being the biggest fish in the house... LOL!!!

I have to ask - you didn't QT the new arrival? Or are they all chilling together? Generally speaking if you add a new fish into an ongoing quarantine the clock starts over, and that even goes for ECR.

I can't watch the vid right now but congratulations on the new arrival!!!

I have to ask - you didn't QT the new arrival? Or are they all chilling together? Generally speaking if you add a new fish into an ongoing quarantine the clock starts over, and that even goes for ECR.

I can't watch the vid right now but congratulations on the new arrival!!!

Yes dirty face did his/her time all alone... I wanted to be very sure that I followed the ECR quarintine instructions to the letter... I even added time and was very diligent with daily WCs... I have been running quarintine tubs for 3 1/2 months as of today... Hindenburg was first and was almost 2 months on his/her own due to the accident with the tank up tube... In fact the last do the bruises are finally gone this week !!! :happydance. Nautilus (little fishy) was in the tub (duplex) right next to Hindenburg... And since dirty face was soooo much bigger a bigger tub was required... I am sooooo relived to be done with all the quarintines... :pianobanana

Bravo to you on the QT - it's so tempting to just dump them together (especially when they're from a really good source) and such a pain to maintain a bunch of tubs but it's worth it to not cross contaminate. I can't wait to see pictures!

Mr. Dirty Face is beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Thanks so much Dawn! :happydance

Chris here... Here are some stills of the babies together...

A855C348-358E-4974-8089-FDA4285C18E8_zps

F7EDD868-E23A-45E9-B9DF-4EF48D5B394D_zps

79261A56-0BF1-4362-9D93-8F26F59D8A9D_zps

120CE9A2-6C2B-4F09-A3E9-9693A7829080_zps

Im loving your new oranges and your other three are cute water pigs too :)

SQUEEEEE!!!  They are all together :D  Congrats on the being done with all those QT tubs  :happydance Fishy with a Dirty Face fits in quite well :)

and.... um... I wanna say sorry for subconsciously putting the oranda idea in your head, but technically it was Huck's fault!  I blame him!!   :lol2

SQUEEEEE!!!  They are all together :D  Congrats on the being done with all those QT tubs  :happydance Fishy with a Dirty Face fits in quite well :)

and.... um... I wanna say sorry for subconsciously putting the oranda idea in your head, but technically it was Huck's fault!  I blame him!!   :lol2

:rofl I had to blame someone!!! And wouldn't you know there are some wonderful ones up on the ECR web site... The only reason they are not mine is that there is no room at the inn... :fishtank

LOL!!!

So cute. Idk why I've been thinking that Hindenburg was much bigger than that. Lol he's barely larger than the wee Ryukin.

So cute. Idk why I've been thinking that Hindenburg was much bigger than that. Lol he's barely larger than the wee Ryukin.

Chris here... Hi MJ, I think it's the name... :rofl you see the word Hindenburg and you see in your mind the old pictures if the huge air ship... I know I do... My son believes that the baby's shape and the projected growth based on pictures of adult Pearlscales I showed him that the name is perfect for the baby... LOL!!! But it is a shock to see this little baby with such a big name... :tomuch:

:rofl I had to blame someone!!! And wouldn't you know there are some wonderful ones up on the ECR web site... The only reason they are not mine is that there is no room at the inn... :fishtank

LOL!!!

OMG I KNOW!!!  Everytime I get a notification from youtube about ECR's livestream I "oooo" and "ahhhh".  My saving graces are lack of room and lack of cash flow  :P

LOL!!!

OMG I KNOW!!!  Everytime I get a notification from youtube about ECR's livestream I "oooo" and "ahhhh".  My saving graces are lack of room and lack of cash flow  :P

I know!!! Same here... It should be illegal to have such cuteness!!! :tantrum

So cute! :heart

:Congrats: