Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

Patiska color change

Now

DSCN2259_zpstjdk0gzz.jpg

Then

GEDC8098_zpsxa2hnzrv.jpg

She got ich when I first got her and then a secondary bacterial infection and was very SICKLE. She recovered like a champ and has been healthy since, but has not grown much. She looks very different now... Honestly I liked her before, but she's still my wubbly little girl.

Patiska looks great Myra!!!!

The black often gets more pronounced as a calico ages or becomes more healthy. My spotted calico fantail, Otto, had almost no black on him that I could see when I bought him. It turns out his color was blanched a bit from being a juvenile AND sick :o

I think she looks great, but I'm a sucker for the calicos ;)

She's been outside with the younger babies, but she's still the smallest. I don't think she will grow much at this point. As long as she stays healthy, I'm happy.

I think the outdoors will do that for her coloring. Nothing like the sun and fresh algae and bugs to make her healthy and give her colors more pop.

I think the outdoors will do that for her coloring. Nothing like the sun and fresh algae and bugs to make her healthy and give her colors more pop.

She's also gained 3 grams, but the others have gained much more than that so I think she's just very small or the sickness may have stunted her. I am certain that my outdoor fish are way more colorful than my indoor ones. I love ponds. Can't wait until next year when I can get a much bigger one.

She's also gained 3 grams, but the others have gained much more than that so I think she's just very small or the sickness may have stunted her. I am certain that my outdoor fish are way more colorful than my indoor ones. I love ponds. Can't wait until next year when I can get a much bigger one.

Yeah, I think a lot is genetics also. Some fish just grow like weeds and others not so much.

Great look fish.

Wow! She's really pretty! :heart

Wow! She's really pretty! :heart

Thanks. Now if only she weren't so SUPER teensy. She's only 11 grams and less than 2". Maybe she'll begin to grow a bit more.

DSCN2884_zpsujpn8pod.jpg

Taken today. More color changing action going on. Also, a gill plate covered in bumpy breeding stars! Patiska is a BOY fish! Oopsie daisy! 

:thumbup2:

HE Looks great!

Wow, the black has really come out nicely! :wub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk