Kokos Goldfish Forum
mjfromga

Itsy bitsy little baby

So I won't even lie - this little one stole my heart instantly. I know I probably shouldn't have gotten him because it's important to pick only fish from healthy tanks, but he came and said hi and that was it. I have an empty 20 gallon that I'm doing nothing with and I just had to snag him.

DSCN2235_zpsflvju7ax.jpg

DSCN2245_zpskwtofur7.jpg

DSCN2220_zps7a8r2vr5.jpg

He's got to be a short tailed Ryukin. Olive and white. His personality is lovely and he's very friendly. He does remind me of my Boo Boo, which is probably why I got him. His name is Ulliri (ooo - Lee - vee)

What a cutie! What was wrong with the tank he was in? It may make sense to do some quarantine treatment if the tank had visible disease :)

What a cutie! What was wrong with the tank he was in? It may make sense to do some quarantine treatment if the tank had visible disease :)

I sent you a PM so I can show you. Thanks for caring :)

ooooo he IS a cutie! :happydance

I would love a short tailed ryu, they have always been high up there, but I was focusing on adding more finnage first. :P congrats

He's cute :)

Congrats!

Chris here... Oh that one is little!!! Wishing the best with your tiny rescue... :gfish:

Ulliri is adorable!!!!

Awe liddleiddybiddy fishie! Sooo cute! Hes going to grow into an amazing fish! Wonder if thats still his baby colouring?

OMG!  Ulliri is soooooooo cute!!  Congrats on an adorable find.  I hope QT is quiet and uneventful for the two of you :D

Thanks everyone. I used to think olive or blue are just baby colors in Ryukins, but I'm not so sure now. We shall see! Now the goal is to try and get this little one to grow a bit. He's been through a lot. So far, he seems strong so fingers crossed.

Here he is now... He's trying to do something weird with his color (it was always weird) and he beginning to grow into a cute shaped little ryukin. The friggin tank cracked as you can see but I have another which is plastic so all good. 

large.GEDC0142.JPG.28b66e57fcdcf6f1a4848da7175582cf.JPG

WOW he sure has changed :)