Kokos Goldfish Forum
Butterfly

Atlanta Koi Club Show October 7-9 2016

Who's going?  I'm thinking about it.

I've GOT to go. Sharon, do they ever have fish for sale at these events?

Yes, always lots of fish for sale.  

Thank you. Maybe I can find one I like. Best save up a tad now (super poor). I just mapped out the days. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'll be there at least one of those days.

Dont forget if you guys do go and have a KG shirt wear it so you guys can recognize each other :)

I don't have one, but that's a great idea.

Anybody else going?

Well I got Callisto benched. A guy who was helping out and had two of his hand bred Wakins entered in the show ASSURED me that Callisto was a Wakin (albeit maybe a tad overfed) and he carefully studied Callisto and gave lots of compliments on his pattern and his tail. We got there super early and not many were benched there yet but saw some very pretties. Can't wait until tomorrow. There's no way we win but I'm so excited to experience it all!

Well I got Callisto benched. A guy who was helping out and had two of his hand bred Wakins entered in the show ASSURED me that Callisto was a Wakin (albeit maybe a tad overfed) and he carefully studied Callisto and gave lots of compliments on his pattern and his tail. We got there super early and not many were benched there yet but saw some very pretties. Can't wait until tomorrow. There's no way we win but I'm so excited to experience it all!

Hey that is so cool... I always wanted to enter a fish I had but there wasnt any shows around me when he was alive... I hope you win something hun :thumbs:

Good luck Myra. I hope Callisto wins.

I can't believe I actually get to attend. There weren't many fish benched yet, but as you saw in the photos, there were some stunning ones already. Little wonky Callisto doesn't stand a chance lol. I'm very glad also that Callisto didn't seem at all mopey. Lots of the fish were stressed and facing the backs of the tanks or bottom sitting.

How many Goldfish in the show?

I have no idea. I saw probably 20. I arrived shortly after the earliest time. Will get a full count tomorrow.

Show is over. Very nice event. They said several people from Florida were unable to come due to Hurricane Matthew etc. Turnout was lower due to that. Still about 50-60 goldfish.

Callisto won:

Best in variety - size 1 special variety

Honorable mention - size 1 pond variety

Also we won Best Novice :D

Judge carefully explained everything to me and she was very happy to see him there. Apparently his type isn't that common in the shows. I won a nice pond pump in the raffle, and I also got a CUTE little fish to take home, as well. I'm super happy I got to attend.

Congrats Myra! That's so cool.

Show is over. Very nice event. They said several people from Florida were unable to come due to Hurricane Matthew etc. Turnout was lower due to that. Still about 50-60 goldfish.

Callisto won:

Judge carefully explained everything to me and she was very happy to see him there. Apparently his type isn't that common in the shows. I won a nice pond pump in the raffle, and I also got a CUTE little fish to take home, as well. I'm super happy I got to attend.

Very exciting! Congrats :nana

So cool!!! Way to go, and what an awesome first experience with goldfish shows!

Callisto won:

That is so fantastic! I'm so happy that you went and super impressed that you showed your fish!!! It sounds like it was a great time. Even better with some take home prizes and a new pet!!! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a small turnout but I am still happy I got to attend :) I'll be back next year and also REALLY want to attend the Orlando show, which is apparently always much larger. I don't think I'll put my fish through the journey if I go, though.

WHOOOOT!!! YEAH... Way to go hun :thumbs:

Congratulations! That is so cool!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Chris here... Congrats!!! And yay on all your goodies!!! :happydance