Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Candybugs

Wow this is weird.

So my family has 6 tanks of various fish reptiles and amphibians. And somebody other than me is cleaning a tank right now. That never happens . I'm happy but part of me is like really now you wanna bust a move and clean some poop. Really!!! I'm gonna go with happy and ck the tank in the a.m. ugh family. Helpful little buggers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Make sure to give them a treat if they do it well, to reinforce good behavior!

Take what you can get! There are other hobbies besides cleaning poop ;)

I clean all the tanks too, but most of them are mine.  BF has HIS one rosy boa.  I care for her.  He has never even held her...he has always just eaten... or something!  Doesn't bother me a bit.  I was more than happy to order that lovely snake when he said he wanted it.  The fact that she is *his* takes some of the pressure off the chunk of the household budget that goes toward caring for *my* animals.

Lol. We have 6 tanks 1 is mine. Turns out fish tanks suck. You have no idea what your getting yourself into when you throw that ping pong ball into the bowl. ad8934488139c1bbc89b702d76bd2da8.jpgthat big fish is the result of a perfectly placed ping pong ball. He's up to a 60 gal tank.

Beautiful fish! Would it have more room if you removed the large decorations?

I took the log out because my other guy got stuck in it. The piece standing up in the back is designed to go up against the back and the tube go behind it.

The log is the green and brown to the left I had to bolt cutter it to get my guy out of it. It was so horrible. He shredded himself in there. He's all healed up thank god.. it was soooo scary. Poor baby.

My employer had a molly tank set up for a few years. Once day, her daughter called to say she was going to clean the tank. Mom told her not to touch the tank, but she did it anyways. Mom came home to her kid scrubbing out the full tank with dish washing soap!

Needless to say, everything in the tank was dead.

Edited by KimA.

Kinda funny that I never thought of it before but I am the ONLY one who tends to the fish. (Used to have 3 kids at home but they are grown & on their own now.) I do all the cleaning, water changing, feeding & whatever else.......... That Is How It Is!

Edited by Jeana727

A friend of mine and I were standing over one of the tubs a couple of months ago, talking about fish.  She said she'd had a tank years ago, but no one in the family ever helped her with them.  She eventually sold everything.  

I wouldn't want anyone helping.  A case of "too many cooks.." 

People have good intentions, but I would never trust anyone else to do it right.

Edited by Distaff

My employer had a molly tank set up for a few years. Once day, her daughter called to say she was going to clean the tank. Mom told her not to touch the tank, but she did it anyways. Mom came home to her kid scrubbing out the full tank with dish washing soap!

Needless to say, everything in the tank was dead.

Omg

I just had to revisit this moment to see what it felt like again. Lol