DieselPlower

Anyone tried this Seachem ammonia and pH alert product?

7 posts in this topic

Tried it? Any good? Opinions? Reviews aren't great but I don't trust the reviews because anyone can write them.

Alerts Combo Pack, 2 Monitors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HSQSLG/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_gRU0xb44SPN28

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had one of these for awhile, I don't remember for what - it seemed to work ok at first, but wore out/stopped working really fast, like within a couple weeks I want to say.

It claims to be good for 3 to 6 months I think. A few weeks... seems like it should be cheaper.

I remember seeing that product ages ago. I tend to to fish in cycles so it would help if it worked, but due to bad reviews, I didn't want to try it.

I use them and I'm happy with them. Especially useful in QT. Mine have lasted for at least 6 months. You can check them every once in a while over a bleach bottle (just the fumes) or in a test solution (like how you would start a fishless cycle). I haven't used the pH one. I mean have one that I was going to use for my betta tank but I don't chase pH really so I haven't put it in yet.

I've never heard of that before.

I meant an open ammonia bottle above... Duh. I just regenerated some Purigen with bleach and that must have been what was on my mind.

Anyway, the ammonia ones are like $5.45 each on KensFish.