Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KimA.

Is This Pineconing And What To Do? Crappy Video.

Sorry for your loss. RIP Barney.

He's not eating so I added the medication to his water. What do you think?

What medication?

I'm trying to post a tank shot.

The Metro and Kanaplex.

The Metro and Kanaplex.

Okay, are you treating for loss of appetite?  Are you adding these to the water or feeding them?

Edited by Jared

Both!  Neither of the fish would eat the treated food so I followed the directions and added it to the water.  This little guy is already starting to drift in the mild current.  I don't expect him to live,

I usually feed this little guy in a small net and he's a great eater.  If I don't do that, the other tugboats will eat  everything.

Since I can't load the photo, I'll  post a video tonight. Sorry! :madrant

dear kim, i'm so sorry that barney didn't make it. here are good thoughts for your little panda telescope and the rest of your darlings (i think you have more!). 

:heart

melusine aka xristina

Thank you, Melusine. The panda is dying and I'm surprised it didn't happen overnight. His body is in a tight arch, but he's still breathing. 

I have the feeling it's something in the water, so hopefully I can get time off of work to drive it over to Salinas  for testing.

oh dear. heart goes out to you kim. and to little panda too. good thoughts your way.... 

I'm sorry he isn't doing well :(

Thank you, Melusine. The panda is dying and I'm surprised it didn't happen overnight. His body is in a tight arch, but he's still breathing. 

I have the feeling it's something in the water, so hopefully I can get time off of work to drive it over to Salinas  for testing.

Sorry to hear this.  I'll be interested to see what the report says.  

Finally!

Jared~  My favorite Oranda is now  hanging around the top of the tank.

Would putting the meds into the QT tank AND the food be overkill?

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

Would putting the meds into the QT tank AND the food be overkill?

What are the symptoms.  Just hanging at the top?  If antibiotics are necessary, I would feed the Metroplex and add the Kanaplex to the water.  Don't add the Kanaplex to the water and feed Kanaplex...it's too much for the kidneys.  Metroplex is more effective in food.

Edited by Jared

Hanging out at the top and his balance is a bit off.   I already added both antibiotics to the repashy per your suggestion, so I'll hold off on adding it to the water.

Hanging out at the top and his balance is a bit off.   I already added both antibiotics to the repashy per your suggestion, so I'll hold off on adding it to the water.

okay.

This is really turning into the Dead Thread.

I did my twice weekly water change last night and woke up to a dead Ranchu. The fish appeared 100%  fine last night.

Hopefully, we'll hear from the health department today or tomorrow.

This is getting ridiculous.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Edited by KimA.

Sorry for your loss.

This is really turning into the Dead Thread.

I did my twice weekly water change last night and woke up to a dead Ranchu. The fish appeared 100%  fine last night.

Hopefully, we'll hear from the health department today or tomorrow.

This is getting ridiculous.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with the water.  If nothing shows up in the report, I would guess that it's a virulent pathogen.  If that is the case, you could try hitting the tank with a broad spectrum medication like Paraguard or Polyguard and if that fails... disinfect and dry the tank for about a month and start over again.  I'm sorry you are experiencing this :(

Jared~  Thanks for all your help.  

I'm checking my email hourly for those results.  

This is day three of the antibiotics and Fred is looking better! Finally, some good news.

The directions don't tell me how often to make a new batch  of  medicated gel food.  Should I make a new batch every five days???

Thanks!    I'll start bugging the health department this morning for those lab  results.          :madrant

This is day three of the antibiotics and Fred is looking better! Finally, some good news.

The directions don't tell me how often to make a new batch  of  medicated gel food.  Should I make a new batch every five days???

Thanks!    I'll start bugging the health department this morning for those lab  results.          :madrant

I think each batch should keep for 7 days in the refrigerator.