mjfromga

Shadow

18 posts in this topic

Lost to sudden death. I know I buy fish from questionable sources, but I can't deal with anymore losses. I will sit tight for now. No more fish.

So sorry!   :(

:rip:

Sorry to hear that :(

Thanks, everyone. He really was an impulse buy because all the other google fish in his tank looked SO BAD, but I guess it wasn't meant to be :(

I'm sorry :(

Sorry for your loss!!!! RIP Shadow.

Sorry hun :hug

When the other fish look bad that can be a sign there is bacterial, parasitic, or viral factors at play and the 'good' fish can just be slower to develop symptoms. It can also mean they are bullet proof and remarkably hardy. Unfortunately there is no good way to tell which is which.

I'm sorry you lost him, he was precious :(

Edited by Arctic Mama

The other two seem perfectly fine. He was fine, eating and pooping well and biting at the others and being spunky and even dead, he looks totally healthy. I wonder what killed him...

It could have been totally random - I swear one of my fish had a heart attack. Perfect health and then stuck to the filter, still looking completely clear eyed and normal. Not a single symptom, no decline, just dead in the space of w half hour between when I left the room and came back. I really loved that goldfish so it made me rather mad he just keeled over!

This is kinda terrifying though. This same kinda thing happened to Raiden. Fine one day, dead the next. Though Raiden was extremely bloated looking when I found her, still alive but barely. Neither were visibly sick before it happened. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Edited by mjfromga

Im so sorry for your loss

This can be a heartbreaking hobby. So sorry for your loss.

sadhug.gif

Sad to hear.

((hugs))

Thanks. I guess he was sick like the others, even though he didn't at all look it. Commander and Shembje are doing very well so far so hopefully all is well.