Kokos Goldfish Forum
Moonshayde

Looking for urgent help finding resources to sell/re-home some expensive fancy goldfish

Hi there.

I am not sure if this is even in the wright section but came to this forum to get some help from fish keepers with some experience. Due to some circumstances I will be leaving the country in 2 months and am trying to find a home for some fancy goldfish I purchased from Raingarden goldfish in Hawaii.

These fish are absolutely stunning and amazing. I did not see a place to sell on this forum so am asking what the right way to go about this would be? I also saw some listings on the site for local clubs by state. I am in Michigan. Is it worth reaching out to the pond and koi clubs to re-home my fish? Any advice welcome.

The fish were super expensive and ideally would like to sell them but if I can't manage that, safe re-homing is my priority. I care for them a lot.

I have:

1 Ryukin. Female. 6+inches
1 Veiltail (pure, no tail split) Male. 4+inches
1 Ribbontail. Male. 4+inches
1 Fantail. Stunning black and White. Male. 3+ inches
1 petsmart rescue. also needs a home. had her for 6 years. pure white. sweet obviously not the same quality as others.
3 golden dojos. need home too. about 4-5 inches. only fish I would keep with goldies. These guys are a blast. so much fun.
1 nerite snail if you'll have him. He is like 3+ years old. Didn't even know they lived that long...

They are currently in a 120g tank with sump. I am trying to get the whole system sold too.

Looking for advice on how to proceed. Thanks for your patience with this rushed post. I really like this forum and hope I can find a good direction to go in with my problem.

We have a lot of Michigan members, I'm sure someone will be able to help :)

We have a forum  called Classifieds and Reviews, where one can advertise fish, but you need 25 posts to start a thread there. 

I suggest you start building your number of posts with an introduction thread.  By the time you have thanked everyone who welcomes you, you'll have several posts.

Also please post pics of your fish.  We all want to see. 

Edited by shakaho

Pictures would be great :photo: , also include if you are willing to ship or if the fish will only be rehomed locally  :thumbs:

I want to see that black and white fantail.

^^  Same.  Pics please.  What area of Michigan are you in?  :whistle

Thanks for the replies everyone! I will post some pics. Unfortunately they are just with my phone. Fish are so hard to photograph. I will make an intro post also and see if I can get 25 posts and put a sell ad up. Thanks.

@fantailfan1 - I am in Detroit/ Royal Oak

IMG_1343_zpsedcvdm8c.jpg

IMG_1347_zpsga9qiii4.jpg

IMG_1341_zps4jxpvxgz.jpg

Those are some nice fish!

Those are some nice fish!

I totally agree :o

They are amazing. I have never had such friendly, energetic goldfish before. I really love these guys and just don't want to see them go to someone who can't properly look after them :(

Lets hope I can figure something out. I might reach out to my local fish store. They are family owned and awesome. Maybe they can point me in the right direction also

Pretty fish. They mostly look like Ryukin variations. Stunning!

Edited by mjfromga

They are amazing. I have never had such friendly, energetic goldfish before. I really love these guys and just don't want to see them go to someone who can't properly look after them :(

Lets hope I can figure something out. I might reach out to my local fish store. They are family owned and awesome. Maybe they can point me in the right direction also

Well give it time... its a holiday weekend here in the USA so some ppl are on Vacation.... :)

Gorgeous Goldfish!!!!! Good luck.

Ahh I love that black and white one  

Edited by FishyMandy

Wow! They all look Awesome! :thumb:   If I lived closer, I'd seriously consider taking the whole shebang!

They're absolutely lovely!

The veiltailed oranda is gorgeous. 

Ooo hey moonshayde!  remember me? I hijacked your planted tank journal on another forum asking about keeping goldfish and plants ^^

Sorry you have to rehome your goldies :c if i was closer I'd take the whole thing (fish, plants, system).

I live near Kalamazoo. I have a 125 available for the fish. How much are you looking for for them? I'm not really looking to spend a lot of money on fish right now

I have tomorrow off from work. Maybe we can work something out?

Aaah so sorry I missed your message! How much would you be willing to pay for the fish? I was selling them at $280 for all

Honestly if it's a good fish keeper and looks like you definitely have the experience and a nice person I will negotiate no problem. Their future safety comes first for me :) Thats why I was hoping someone on this forum would like them.

Ooo hey moonshayde!  remember me? I hijacked your planted tank journal on another forum asking about keeping goldfish and plants ^^

Sorry you have to rehome your goldies :c if i was closer I'd take the whole thing (fish, plants, system).

Hey AquaAurora! I thought it was you but wasn't 100% sure! Yes, this is the very same tank that I setup on another forum. What a bummer :( It's been the easiest tank I have ever owned though, turned out great. Even with messy goldfish it's just been a breeze.