Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Distaff

Lost out on another! Grrr...

7 posts in this topic

Dandy Orandas had several grouped pairs of pond fish, and none of them were selling as of 5pm my time, this afternoon.  Awsome prices, he said needs the space, and on top of that, Summer Sale $25 off shipping (this is the last week).

Bid on two beautiful, gorgeous, shubunkins.  No counter bids, no bids, no bids - figured by 4pm, these were probably mine.  Ran in right before 7pm (my time)...as I am signing in, the auction closes.  I lost them.  They had really grown on me. 

Just, dang!

Sorry you didn't get them.

Oh my - that's the worst feeling ever!  

I'd probably be tempted to message him and put a word in if the buyer falls through or he finds any more...  :hide:

Oh my - that's the worst feeling ever!  

I'd probably be tempted to message him and put a word in if the buyer falls through or he finds any more...  :hide:

I did e-mail Ken, actually. 

Sales do fail on occasion. I acquired a reptile that way once.  My beloved Starbuck was advertised on Kingsnake.com for some time.   I would go there just to gaze at his beautiful photo, dithering, dithering (after all, one doesn't NEED a pet), and then, one day....GONE! 

Heartbroken. 

So, I e-mailed the seller on the off-chance.  FedEx delivered him a week later.  :)

Dandy Orandas had several grouped pairs of pond fish, and none of them were selling as of 5pm my time, this afternoon. Awsome prices, he said needs the space, and on top of that, Summer Sale $25 off shipping (this is the last week).

Bid on two beautiful, gorgeous, shubunkins. No counter bids, no bids, no bids - figured by 4pm, these were probably mine. Ran in right before 7pm (my time)...as I am signing in, the auction closes. I lost them. They had really grown on me.

Just, dang!

Ooo! I feel your pain. There was a lemon telescope comet with black eyes and yellow body he had on several weeks ago that I was ready to go all in on (despite having no real place for such a fish, but it was SO unique). As soon as I made the decision to go ahead it was sold! I almost emailed him to tell him that I'd buy it if the buyer fell through but I decided it was probably for the best in the end.

The last few DO auctions have been great IMO. I really, really liked the big red and white comets in the last auction but just really didn't *need* them at this point. I would have for the price but the shipping is just the killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want pond goldfish, look here.  No risky imports, perfectly healthy gorgeous fish, and free shipping.

I agree with Sharon above. I got 3 beautiful black Opal shubunkins from them and they shipped from Florida to me in Washington state and they arrived healthy with no problems. I still have them in my pond and they are doing great. Can't recommend them enough :).