Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AquaAurora

Large air pumps for 100+g tanks

Curious what brand(s) air pumps other users use for the 100g and larger tanks. I have 2 75gs I'm setting up soon and want to get 1 air pump to use on both tanks.

On my smaller tanks (2g to 55g) I use tetra whisper 10-40, unsure if I should get that jumbo whisper air pump for 150g.. or if there is another brand that is a good quality (long lasting and not noisy)? 

Appreciate any input you all could give ^^

I use a 40 gallon Tetra Whisperer on my 125 gallon tank. Works great!!!!

I love the Tetra Whisper deepwater pumps. Mine has been running for about 10 years and is still silent and sends air to 4 tanks.

I like fusion the best but have had good luck with tetra pumps too. The commercial pumps also work very well and are cheaper for the power.

I have 3 JW Fusion ones and I prefer them over the Tetra ones. I've heard good things about the Million Air ones, as well. Warning - the divider things made by JW absolutely suck so far. All have broken quickly and I don't suggest those at all.

Id probably get a commercial one. Then you could use one pump for all your tanks in that general area. You would just need a lot of airline tubing =]

I've always bought tetra whisper air pumps which label what tank sizes they're good for, so I'm not sure what psi/gph I should look for in a commercial grade pump to know how much 'umph' I'm getting.  Any info on that would be most helpful!

I just went with what I know, tetra whisper pumps.. hope I don't regret it ^^ also bought 2x aquatop heaters.. forgot to buy a temp controller doh >.<

I bought a cheapo   made in  China   on Amazon  ($9)  and it's  plenty powerful. I keep it on the lowest setting.

Well update on the pump: i got a whisper 150, and apparently forgot to remove a whisper 100 from the cart so got that too.  The 100 was very loud so I had it replaced, second is also loud but not as bad as the first.  I put the 100 on the 40g breeder fancy goldfish tank, the 150 will be on the 2 75gs.