Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
hellofishy

Applesnail Home

7 posts in this topic

I currently have 6 apple snails living with my goldies. Ever since I've gone bare bottom, they seem to be upset. Especially my zebra apple snails, which used to burry themselves in the sand. Besides, with the sand gone my goldies have been picking on them.

I've been thinking of moving them, but I've been wondering how many liters of water the six of them need. I also would set up a small filter for them to keep NH4, NO2 and NO3 in check.

Any suggestions?

I can tell you gallons.  2.5 is the norm for them.  Hope that helps.

That helps a lot. I'm going to set up a 2.5 gal. tank for them now. Thanks for your prompt reply!

That helps a lot. I'm going to set up a 2.5 gal. tank for them now. Thanks for your prompt reply!

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I've always heard 2.5g PER snail, as they are such heavy waste producers. Nerites it is 1g per, as they aren't as heavy with wast production.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I've always heard 2.5g PER snail, as they are such heavy waste producers. Nerites it is 1g per, as they aren't as heavy with wast production.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input, Morgan! I have to think of alternatives now. Maybe I'll re-home some them.

Sorry I meant each.