Distaff

17 cuties in a 35 gallon tub

14 posts in this topic

I can't get any new fish for a while.  My last free tub is now full of chicks.  Arrived in the mail from Murry McMurry Hatchery two days ago.  Tiny wings already feathering out.

Love the sound of little peeps.

We lost some elderly hens this summer.  This batch of Silver Dorkings (a heritage breed going back to the Romans) will be their replacements. 

528F39VC_zpsa16d1864.gif

I want to see.

528F39VC_zpsa16d1864.gif

I want to see.

:bingo:

I wannnaaa seeeeee!!!!! 

You don't want to be the recipient of the 3rd spanking of the day, do you? :bat:

:SmackBottom:

Excited to see your photos! :D

Pictures!!!!!

Chris here... REALLY???? Such a tease.... I think a beating with a rubber chicken may be in order.... ;)

Chris here... REALLY???? Such a tease.... I think a beating with a rubber chicken may be in order.... ;)

37.gifc200_zpsfdaj27dm.gif

:madrant  :wall  :crying: Why are you doing this to us?

Sorry guys.  Don't have a camera I can work, and don't carry a cell phone.

Use your imagination!  Think of fluffy little fish. 

Fluffy fish :rofl2 oxymoron :rofl

I don't know, somehow, fish and feathers just go together. 

A lot of lizard people also keep fish, so I guess scales, fins, and feathers all go together.

The peeps have long since outgrown that 35 gallon tub.  They spent a brief time in a bigger tub while still in the house, and then moved on to spending days in my netted greens house.  That house is spacious, but has no protection from raccoons, so they were going from there, to back inside the house every night.  Then, I built a fortified area where they could spend the night safely, but it was small, so it was back every morning out to the big net house. 

Very time consuming!

Well the new solar charger and electronet finally came in (the old setup is too old, and the net is a tattered wreck that doesn't run a charge well any more).  The chicks are now in a day and night home that should be safe.  It is not permanent, as it is only 4 feet by 8 feet, but I can move it to fresh grass daily, and the new net packs a shock, so nothing should be getting into that little pasture.  I moved in two guinea pigs, and a rabbit family to pens in the fresh pasture as well (still running the old fence on the old ground with goats and some older hens).  As soon as I have enough netting for the old greenhouse - a nice big structure, the chicks will be moved one final time to that.  Netting it will keep all the wild birds out.  Wild birds are very pesky, carry disease, and eat the feed.

Edited by Distaff