Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Distaff

Sort of a rant - just disappointed...

7 posts in this topic

OK, I'm NOT the expert, but:

Since when does the blue egg phoenix have a wen?  From its many pics, that fish seems to also carry itself like an Oranda.  Yes, it is a pretty, and showy fish, but a BEP? 

Waited all week for some new eye candy from DO, and his latest selections, well, I really just don't care for them.   I first found his site from the Solid Gold video, and he was talking with Jenny about avoiding extreme body types and caractitures, and I agreed with everything he said.  However, it seems like he is stocking that now, esp. with the ryukins (which can be a very pretty fish when it is not extreme).  They just seemed all unbalanced to me, both in proportions, and in posture - they always seem to photograph with head tilted up.  There is a pearlscale that looks more like a pufferfish, and I imagine it treading water more than swimming. 

I know there is NO accounting for taste (I'm the gal hoping the blue bubble eyes over at BuyGoldfishOnLine don't sell before I can budget for them...), and I'm sure there will be many much loved pets purchased this weekend, but personally, none of it looked graceful or beautiful to me.

(The gorgeous wakin I recently bought from Ken might enjoy a companion.  Not this week!  He didn't even have any wakins listed.)

Edited by Distaff

I actually liked most of the fish but that's neither here for there...

I just wonder who BUYS all these fish and so FAST too. 5 minutes after the auction is up a third of the fish are gone. Those aren't cheap impulse buys!

I just mosied on over there to check out the stock and I agree - a lot of them are unbalanced or too deep bodied. I really like big, round bellies on my fish, but these are a bit much. Bummer! Plenty of other sellers have nice fish and maybe this is just a shipment from a particular farm that had very stocky stock, but only time will tell.

Sorry you couldn't find any you liked! Maybe next time though :)

You know I thought the same thing about the wan. I took him at his word that it is one and maybe they can have it but I don't really know what the standard for the BPE is.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

yes some do have wens on them..... just not full wens :)

I like this one as he looks like he just got up out of bed :rofl

http://www.dandyorandas.com/auctions/uncategorized/blackwhite-nacreous-ingot-oranda-11/

f09ec9b55ecfaaa2f413b49c754d1f7f.jpgThis is my dream fish right now. So perfect. I can't deal with the wen situation tho.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk