Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bmitchell486

Gary Hater in Cincinnati

Just bought some new Top View Ranchu's from Gary Hater in Cincinnati.  Quick review is that he's super nice and has great stock.  I highly recommend him (and will definitely buy future fish from him).

Shipping:  I am unsure.  He quoted me $20 for shipping 5 juveniles (I also live in OH).  Not sure how far he ships.

Stock: He only sells juveniles.  Bristols, Ranchu, Ryukin, Veiltails, and I think he's breeding some Thai oranda's.  I was highly impressed with his stock and wished I had more space for some veiltails and calico ryukins.

Facebook: He doesn't have a website, but check him out of Facebook.  He is always posting pics and vids of what he's got.

I facebook messaged him and asked if I could come and pick out my fish. He was very obliging and said I could.  When we got there, he gave us a tour of his fishroom and his outdoor ponds.  I was very impressed.  He has stock from all over and is very well connected.  He was so knowledgeable and was happy to answer my many questions, and gave me some great advice.

Again, I highly recommend him. I think there are a few other people here on Koko's who have purchased fish from him as well -- they are welcome to add their comments as well.

Sounds like you had an Awesome experience with Gary!  :hi5 Thanks for the review.

The $20 shipping is because you are in the same state.  Same for me with ECR. ;) Can't beat it! 

Bump bump!  I didn’t realize we are neighbors now, BMitchell!  We’re up in Gem City, and I’m so excited I don’t have to mail order fish all the way up to Alaska anymore.

I’m totally going to try to get my hands on some of those veiltails :I-Thank-You:

I liked the fish I bought. He was eaten by a bird. I also got a free one which I had for a year with no issues. Didn't really like it though. Gave it away. Then when I wanted another, he became impossible to get a hold of so I gave up and moved on. He was tough to get a hold of when I did actually buy a fish. Prices were just fine. I was charged $15 for shipping and I am in Atlanta. I do not use Facebook so can't contact him there. 

Edited by mjfromga