Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
AquaAurora

Leopard Ramshorn Snails

18 posts in this topic

Probably my favorite variation of ramshorns is the blue leopard, but the brown leopard is also cute.  I sue to have them a few years ago in my 3g bubble bowl, but don't' see many these days in my various tanks.

006-17.jpg

003-22.jpg

Anyone else kept/keeping Leonard ramshorns?

I enjoy them for their look and they make a  great clean up crew.

Super cool!

I had leopard ramshorns years ago, now I only have pink ramshnorn snails.  I've been looking for pure blue ones, have you ever kept those?

Your photos are great.  Are the leopards kept in a plant only tank?

Super cool!

I had leopard ramshorns years ago, now I only have pink ramshnorn snails.  I've been looking for pure blue ones, have you ever kept those?

Your photos are great.  Are the leopards kept in a plant only tank?

I mostly have browns now, and a few of them are leopard but they're so dark its hard to tell (spoted(haha) a few when plucking out snails from a different tank for the dwarf puffer's meal).

Thanks ^^ I've, not had a blue shell with blue flesh, just blue with pink, they were the rarer ones.

These were in a planted 3g bubble bowl with cherry shrimp.

Cool.  Cherry shrimp are great, any full bowl photos?  :)

Very pretty.

Cool.  Cherry shrimp are great, any full bowl photos?  :)

Thanks and I agree.  I have some old photos of that tank, its very different now. Let me dig them up

Here we go this was taken the same week as the shorts above.  Blyxa j., micro sword, and a plant in the front that eventually took over.  It was mis-sold to em as pygmy chain sword but I don't know what it really was.

040.jpg

Very pretty.

thanks

Very pretty! I've had a few ramshorns hitch hike on plants and I've thought they were lovely, but they're never really for sale since they're a pest here.

The chain sword is helanthium tenellum (erroneously known as echinodorus tenellus).

Super nice snail bowl, thanks for posting!

Very pretty! I've had a few ramshorns hitch hike on plants and I've thought they were lovely, but they're never really for sale since they're a pest here.

The chain sword is helanthium tenellum (erroneously known as echinodorus tenellus).

Thanks, i was unsure if it was a mis-IDed sag or a non pygmy chain sword.

Super nice snail bowl, thanks for posting!

Thanks and you're welcome ^^

That bowl is beautiful!  So simple. 

I have a very nice large glass bowl - maybe 2 1/2 gallons?  (I really should just pour in some water and measure it.)  Purchased for three dollars at the local thrift store - in perfect shape and the optics are great.   Anyway, I'd love to do something like that - either a tiny shrimp or a snail in a little forest of plants. 

I follow Rachel O'Leary's channel, but with no experience in other aquatics, I know very little of how to go about it.

Wow those snails are so pretty :D I love snails but haven't kept leopard ramshorns

That bowl is beautiful!  So simple. 

I have a very nice large glass bowl - maybe 2 1/2 gallons?  (I really should just pour in some water and measure it.)  Purchased for three dollars at the local thrift store - in perfect shape and the optics are great.   Anyway, I'd love to do something like that - either a tiny shrimp or a snail in a little forest of plants. 

I follow Rachel O'Leary's channel, but with no experience in other aquatics, I know very little of how to go about it.

Thank you ^^  Eventually the chain sword took over and completely dominated it (after shrimp moved l out and a betta moved in)

Great deal on the bowl!! i got my at Michels for I think $15 with a coupon.  its between 2.5-3gs but I usually just call it a 3g

Well if you'd like me to brain dump on you all I've learned from shrimp keepings and small planted tanks I can.  Snail(s) are easier to keep but they have a lot more poop than shrimp.

Wow those snails are so pretty :D I love snails but haven't kept leopard ramshorns

^^ I enjoy snails too! Especially the leopards.. not so much the mini ramshorns (they breed like no ones business and are too tiny to notice any markings on).

Edited by AquaAurora

I just bought a couple of Blue Mystery Snail's from a girl on Ebay. I should have them this week.. 

I just bought a couple of Blue Mystery Snail's from a girl on Ebay. I should have them this week.. 

Are they the blue leopards or straight blue?  I've been thinking of picking up some of them.  Please let us know how they are when you get them!  :D

The person I bought my mystyer snail from recently got and is starting to breed blue mystyer snails so I'm going to wait and buy 1 (sever? >.>'' ) from her.

Are they the blue leopards or straight blue?  I've been thinking of picking up some of them.  Please let us know how they are when you get them!  :D

She bought a mystery snail, its a larger species of snail than the ramshorn.I don't know much about mystery snail color patterns but I don't believe their is a spotted/leopard pattern in that species.  The blue mystery snail is very lovely though.

The Blue Mystery snails arrived yesterday. Very healthy and active!!!! They are straight blue. I will post some picture's.

The person I bought my mystyer snail from recently got and is starting to breed blue mystyer snails so I'm going to wait and buy 1 (sever? >.>'' ) from her.

She bought a mystery snail, its a larger species of snail than the ramshorn.I don't know much about mystery snail color patterns but I don't believe their is a spotted/leopard pattern in that species.  The blue mystery snail is very lovely though.

Ahh, I read it wrong.  And that's right, there are no mystery snails that are leopard spotted.  I was thinking about blue Ramshorn snails, or the blue leopard Ramshorn. 

A couple picture's of the Blue Mystery Snails.

[/url]">http://DSC00718_zpsizpruat9.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC00716_zpsiy2y7qax.jpg

Edited by DawnMichele