Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll
Sign in to follow this  
Chris1251

First time breeding stars

3 posts in this topic

Chris here... I'm a newbie... I have a male ranchu that is starting to show his first breeding stars... He has gone a little nuts... His tank mate is another male ranchu but younger... My crazy puberty fish is pushing his tank mate around... Typically how long is the initial breeding crazies? I went and bought a basket to float in the tank to put my horney teenager in time out so the tank mate could swim around in peace for 10 or fifteen min a couple of times today... Any advice would greatly be appreciated...

Thanks!!! :)

I've seen this behaviour last from anywhere between a few hours and about a week. Though I've never had a boy go after another boy!

Generally my boys are quite nice and don't push the girls around too much for too long but in the few times when it has got too much I've put the boy in a colandar floating in the tank for an hour or so as a 'time out' and after a couple times he got the message

Chris here... Hi FishMandy, thank you!!! I'll try putting him in his basket a little longer if the crazies get to much for his tank mate today... I'm sure his tank mate thanks you as well... ;)