Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markvidal17

comet not eating as much as my shibunkin

Hey guys... just wondering.

Ive had both my goldfishes for over a week now and they seemed to be adapting really fine to their new tank. the season just changed to winter but it didnt seem to affect both of them....

The problem is, my comet Goldfish(slightly bigger) seems to eat less than my shubunkin. Every feeding time, i usually drop 6 pellets. Both of them notices the food directlty. but my comet seems to miss most of the food that he tries to eat. My shubinkin ends up eating 4-5 pellets while my comet only gets 1-2.. he doesnt seem to have any eye problems... what do u guys think?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How big are the pellets? How much do the fish weigh?

How big are the pellets? How much do the fish weigh?

Im not sure about their weight but their length from head to tail is around 3-3.3 inches.. pellets are about the size of sesame seeds.... im worried about my shubunkin getting bloated from iver eating

Please explain "head to tail".   We can measure goldfish from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail fin (called standard length or sl).  This is the only meaningful measurement since the tail has little to do with how much fish you have.  The measurement from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail fin (called total length or tl) doesn't tell us  the size of the fish since goldfish tail lengths vary so much.  Both could be called "head to tail".

Does the comet go after the food aggressively and just get beaten out by the shubbie or does he have less interest in the food?  How often do you feed?

Please explain "head to tail". We can measure goldfish from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail fin (called standard length or sl). This is the only meaningful measurement since the tail has little to do with how much fish you have. The measurement from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail fin (called total length or tl) doesn't tell us the size of the fish since goldfish tail lengths vary so much. Both could be called "head to tail".

Does the comet go after the food aggressively and just get beaten out by the shubbie or does he have less interest in the food? How often do you feed?

Yes. He seems to be coming after the food but then still gives that inaccurate bite.... he then chases around the shubbie like whes mad why it gets to eat more than him.....

How often do you feed?

Is the 3 inches standard or total length?

Those pellets are pretty small.  You could probably feed more.  Sprinkle them around the tank rather than dropping them in one spot.

That was my thought. More food, and spread it so both have a chance to eat.

How often do you feed?

Is the 3 inches standard or total length?

Those pellets are pretty small. You could probably feed more. Sprinkle them around the tank rather than dropping them in one spot.

Thank you ????????????... ill try this when i feed them tomorrow... yeah its total lenght ????????????