Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koko

Free One Month Subscription

All my baby plecos are gone... I think they got eaten.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

That's so sad :(

I've found two which i rescued and put in a diy breeder box (read: tupperware with holes punched in it!) with a chunk of wood and a blanched cucumber. I saw two other dark ones, but couldn't catch them in time... All the albinos are definitely gone.

I've found two which i rescued and put in a diy breeder box (read: tupperware with holes punched in it!) with a chunk of wood and a blanched cucumber. I saw two other dark ones, but couldn't catch them in time... All the albinos are definitely gone.

I hope the two end up surviving and growing into cute little plecos! Do you have experience raising pleco fry?

So happy you were able to save a couple :) Sorry for the losses :(

I hope the two end up surviving and growing into cute little plecos! Do you have experience raising pleco fry?
No i dont! I think this is the first brood I've had, unless they had another and they got eaten... I had some eggs awhile back but didn't find the babies. I suspect these are them. Im hoping they dont die on me...

I'm so happy to be here again :) my babies are growing so fast, and my pond fish are so pretty :)

looks like competitions getting deeper ;)

LOL I love the name "Cow" for your goldfish

LOL I love the name "Cow" for your goldfish

I have a goldfish named after a cow... Clarabelle the calico, cause she reminded me of... Well, you get it.

my fish all have GOT themed names lol

my fish all have GOT themed names lol

None of my fish have related names, lol.

Edited by Morgan'sMiracles

I have a question: does having a subscription give you access to use of PMs even if you have not reached the minimum post count yet?

I have a question: does having a subscription give you access to use of PMs even if you have not reached the minimum post count yet?

yuppers... :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94336-user-permission-levels-new-to-the-forum/

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44542-become-a-subscriber-and-help-the-site/

You know, in a very roundabout way, my fish "Pasi" is also named after a cow. He's all white with an orange spot on the middle of his head. Being a huge nerd, this reminded me of the Cretan bull who was said to be blessed by the gods because if you're all white, you would be sacrificed, but he was all white except for a spot between his horns. Well, "Cretan bull" wasn't really a great name, so then I thought of Pasiphae who infamously fell in love with the Cretan Bull and gave birth to the Minotaur. So, through association I decided to name my fish, who is male, Pasi after Pasiphae, because he's a pacifist (he doesn't ever fight with the other two although they fight all the time), and because I found out this was also a real boy's name in some parts of Europe. 

Anyone else have a good fish name origin story?

Very interesting story :)

You know, in a very roundabout way, my fish "Pasi" is also named after a cow. He's all white with an orange spot on the middle of his head. Being a huge nerd, this reminded me of the Cretan bull who was said to be blessed by the gods because if you're all white, you would be sacrificed, but he was all white except for a spot between his horns. Well, "Cretan bull" wasn't really a great name, so then I thought of Pasiphae who infamously fell in love with the Cretan Bull and gave birth to the Minotaur. So, through association I decided to name my fish, who is male, Pasi after Pasiphae, because he's a pacifist (he doesn't ever fight with the other two although they fight all the time), and because I found out this was also a real boy's name in some parts of Europe.

Anyone else have a good fish name origin story?

My first fish was a little 'lemonhead' with red spots, named Kappa. The Kappa are a type of Japanese swamp monster. They are your typical baddies- pulling people into the swamps and eating them. (It's been awhile since i last read about them, so don't shoot if any of this isn't entirely right!) However, the farmers could bribe them and they'd leave them alone, as they're very greedy creatures... Hence where the goldfish part comes in! Greedy freshwater creatures who will eat humans alive? Sounds like a goldfish to me!!

I also had a pair of plecos named Aquila and Priscilla, after the "makers of tents" in Acts of the Apostles (Bible book in the Greek scriptures.) They are the ones Paul resided with, and even worked with! I liked the names, and they matched, so... I also purchased a third pleco and named him Appollos, after the misguided preacher who Aquila and Priscilla corrected and taught the truth of the Christ, also in Acts.

Then my pair of pears, Anjou and Bartlett. I just wanted pair names, and they look super similar. If you look up Bartlett and Anjou pairs, you will find that they are identical green pairs. Hence, the name stuck. These are my comets, btw.

I love how thoughtful your names are, Morgan! Kappa is my fav though.

I love how thoughtful your names are, Morgan! Kappa is my fav though.

Kappa is my fave too. SIP little buddy

Wow it's so hot hot hot here in Florida :(

At my gal's graduation party. It's always weird when everybody as couples and you're alone... Totally weird.

off to my Mom's for Dinner :) or Supper depending where your from ;) lol

My Aunt made roast lion for dinner,(not really) apparently it's what you call roast pool and road beef cooked together under foil and man was it yummy!!

My Aunt made roast lion for dinner,(not really) apparently it's what you call roast pool and road beef cooked together under foil and man was it yummy!!

What's... Roast pool?