Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I'm never, EVER BUYING FROM THIS SELLER AGAIN!!

• Test Results for the Following:
  • * Ammonia Level(Tank)0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tank) 0
  • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6 pH
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6 pH
  • Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api drops
  • * Water temperature? Room temp... ~70
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 20g tank, 3 weeks
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqueon quiet flow 30
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Every few days, 100%

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, 100%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? One ~4" oranda
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? 2x daily.. NLS THERA A OMEGA ONE SINKING NLS SMALL GOLDFISH SOUTHERN GOLD FANCY MIX
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Remov Ed everything in water change when I noticed pineconing
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. One week @.1%, 5 days at .3% with prazi
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Pineconing
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Lethargic, floaty, not eating.
6a38a10e369f25bcd9290cb5c949a361.jpg

Im absolutely nuts about this fish. I realllly hate to see her die... This is it, guys. If I lose her, I'm done. No new fish, no new tanks-- I cannot handle watching everything around me die.

Meds on hand: prazi, salt, Epsom salt, kana, metro, and those med flakes we used on Richter. I can buy anything else as needed with two day prime shipping on Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now I would like you to put Epsom salt in the tank raise the temp to 79F to 80F please....

Right now I would like you to put Epsom salt in the tank raise the temp to 79F to 80F please....

What is the epsom doseage?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

1 tbsp per 10 gal

1 tbsp per 10 gal

i would go a half teaspoon of Epsom for every 10 gallons. and begin treating with the metronidazole until others can choose what other meds can be used with the metro. at least you are starting in the right direction.

Hope she feels better. Sorry your having so many problems.

What "med flakes" do you have?

What "med flakes" do you have?

Angels Plus Antibiotic II Food

I already put in 1 tbsp p/10g. Did you want me to drop it?

Let us discuss the epsom dosage before you change anything.

.. as per sharon's advice :)

...and then there were two. I guess i caught it too late, as even the epsom was too much for her system. She passed away.

I'm sorry you lost her! That is definitely not normal in tanks where the other fish are acclimated and happy. Please be sure to review the seller fairly in our vendor area so others can see your experience. Caveat emptor and all that. Just discussing how things were handled, positive and negative, can be very helpful to others in evaluating whether or not to purchase.

Did the seller give you quarantine and introduction instructions for the fish? Some require the fish to be transitioned to new system s extremely slowly so the bacterial population in the established tank doesn't stress their immune systems. That could be something that contributes to dropsy like this, if the fish is picking up an infection they don't have the immunity to handle. If the seller isn't including instructions about this it is worth emailing them and suggesting it, citing your own experiences in your tanks.

I have observed that fish that pinecone without earlier symptoms, usually die quickly.  I've had three fish (at different times and in different ponds) that appeared healthy one day and fully pineconed the next morning.  I put each of them in a hospital tub and all died within 24 hours, one within an hour.

On the other hand, I've had two which developed bloating and popeye so gradually that I wasn't sure whether they were sick or not until they pineconed.  Both recovered fully with treatment.

I doubt you could have done anything for her.

Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry. Agree with Taryl. Please name out the seller so that nobody else makes the mistake of buying from them and experiencing this heartache.

Im so sorry :(

Wow. Nice fish. So sorry. Agree with others, please do a vendor review so the rest of us will be forewarned...

...and then there were two. I guess i caught it too late, as even the epsom was too much for her system. She passed away.

i'm sorry you lost her :(

the epsom, although more than what we would usually advise to start with, 1 tablespoon for every 10gallons is not considered 'dangerous' at that dose. i have used such a dose whilst experimenting on my dropsy fish and it did not worsen their condition.

we have experimented with medicines on what minimum will bring favourable results. with respects to Epsom salts 1/4 teaspoon for moderate swelling, 1/2 teaspoon for severe swelling is enough Epsom Salt to make a difference to the fish and the OP's pocket ($$). using a restricted amount of a product, allows us to dose more if required. if you jump in at the full dose, then we cannot continue treating with that specific product, but look to see what else could help.

Oh I'm sorry to hear of ur losses and this last one :bighug