Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newtofish1

What should I do?

My little brother won a feeder fish from a carnival and we're not sure how to keep it. I have a tropical 10g tank but obviously that will not work for the goldfish. At the moment, I cannot afford to buy a 29 gallon+ tank so is it possible to put it in a rubbermaid container with a spare filter? This is a temporary solution of course.  

Yea the big containers work great :) I use them a lot for QT and some people even use them as permanent homes

This thread could help  a lot too 

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121320-kokos-goldfish-forum-guidelines-for-healthy-goldfish/

Good on you for trying to do the right thing by the fish! And Welcome to Kokos!

Edited by FishyMandy

Rubbermaid container with filter is fine. People use them as a quarantine tank or indoor pond.

The thread recommended by FishMandy is most helpful.

Yes!  Since this is just a little goldfish, one of these would work great.  This box could be his permanent home.  Goldfish love swimming space.   If he is to remain an only goldfish, when the next Petco Dollar per gallon sale comes up, you can get him a 20 long, which can also be a forever home.

Welcome to Kokos.