• * Ammonia Level(Tap)none
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap)0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap)20
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.4
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.4
  • Other Required Info:
    • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? test-kit
    • * Water temperature? 70
    • * Tank size (how many 10gals.) and how long has it been running?  10 gallon tank 2year
    • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 20 gallon
    • * How often do you change the water and how much?1 week
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? todayand I change 1
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?1
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?prim
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?peas 1 a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?no
  • * Any medications added to the tank?yes
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.none
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?no
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? on her side           Sunset Shimmer has a swollen abdomen I giveher medicine and also some peas. please pray for her that she makes it through the night , after putting the medicine and she started to perk up a little bit so keep on praying. Thank you so much everyone. I am doing my best to save her. Thank goodness that I still have this meds for her.

•  

Pictures could help out if you can provide them. Please stop feeding peas - it's more likely an infection than constipation if she turned that fast.

What do you mean by 1 for water changes? Can you tell me your water chemistry at its worst, not right after you change it?

What medications do you have on hand?

Hopefully we can help you!

ETA:

You just beat me on the pictures :P

We can work with the general cure if that is all you have. Please put sunset in a hospital tank or take out half the water so it's only ten gallons, which is easier for her to swim in and dose medicine, too.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Pictures could help out if you can provide them. Please stop feeding peas - it's more likely an infection than constipation if she turned that fast.

What do you mean by 1 for water changes? Can you tell me your water chemistry at its worst, not right after you change it?

What medications do you have on hand?

Hopefully we can help you!

ETA:

You just beat me on the pictures :P

We can work with the general cure if that is all you have. Please put sunset in a hospital tank or take out half the water so it's only ten gallons, which is easier for her to swim in and dose medicine, too.

She is in the hospital tank already. The meds is in the tank and yes I mean half a gallon I change from the 10 gallon tank that she in.

Edited by Tohru1529

So you change half a gallon of a twenty gallon tank each water change? Or am I misunderstanding you? Do you mean fifty percent of the tank instead?

So you change half a gallon of a twenty gallon tank each water change? Or am I misunderstanding you? Do you mean fifty percent of the tank instead?

I mean fifty percent of the tank,of each water change. She is in a 10 gallon tank.

Edited by Tohru1529

Sorry - I got the twenty gallon thing from misreading your first post and seeing the filter spec. That tank is quite small for a permanent home but it will work for these purposes. Dose the General Cure for two weeks, changing out 100% of the water every two days.

You may want to disconnect the filter and just use an airstone if you have another bucket or tank you can run the filter in during treatment so the beneficial bacteria don't die off. Treatment with an infection and a filter or substrate running isn't ideal with the meds potentially causing filter bumps or otherwise negatively impacting water aualot

Sorry - I got the twenty gallon thing from misreading your first post and seeing the filter spec. That tank is quite small for a permanent home but it will work for these purposes. Dose the General Cure for two weeks, changing out 100% of the water every two days.

You may want to disconnect the filter and just use an airstone if you have another bucket or tank you can run the filter in during treatment so the beneficial bacteria don't die off. Treatment with an infection and a filter or substrate running isn't ideal with the meds potentially causing filter bumps or otherwise negatively impacting water aualot

on the box told me I can used the filter,there is a bubbler in there. It said not to used the carbon cartridge. I have an empty cartridge in there for the meds.  The 10 gallon not a permanent home,its a hospital tank. My main tank is the 72 gallon bow tank. I have to change the water the next 48 hours. Its said to change 25% of water change. I been doing this for 9 years.

I hope she feels better soon! Love the name! My little pony?

I hope she feels better soon! Love the name! My little pony?

Thank you FishyMandy

on the box told me I can used the filter,there is a bubbler in there. It said not to used the carbon cartridge. I have an empty cartridge in there for the meds. The 10 gallon not a permanent home,its a hospital tank. My main tank is the 72 gallon bow tank. I have to change the water the next 48 hours. Its said to change 25% of water change. I been doing this for 9 years.

Great, some of that wasn't clear in your OP :). I still recommend going without a filter, and using the water change schedule I gave because the normal GC instructions aren't tailored for goldfish. But in the end it is your choice. Good luck to you and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Update on Sunsetshimmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is starting to swim up side right instead of swimming on her side. The med is working yay. Keep on cheering and praying for her.

13238878_10209456299385090_3700512383090  

13254044_10209456297505043_1522220951534

13267870_10209456299705098_1344854051681

on the box told me I can used the filter,there is a bubbler in there. It said not to used the carbon cartridge. I have an empty cartridge in there for the meds. The 10 gallon not a permanent home,its a hospital tank. My main tank is the 72 gallon bow tank. I have to change the water the next 48 hours. Its said to change 25% of water change. I been doing this for 9 years.

Great, some of that wasn't clear in your OP :). I still recommend going without a filter, and using the water change schedule I gave because the normal GC instructions aren't tailored for goldfish. But in the end it is your choice. Good luck to you and let me know if you need any further assistance.

thank you

Hope Sunsetshimmer feels better.

She past away an hour ago. I did my best,she was starting to feel better

IM so sorry.

IM so sorry.

thank you

I'm sorry she passed. Sometimes these things come on very quickly in even the best setups. I had a healthy fish croak on me out of the blue with zero symptoms and am still scratching my head at that one!

Edited by Arctic Mama

I'm sorry she passed. Sometimes these things come on very quickly in even the best setups. I had a healthy fish croak on memoir of the blue with zero symptoms and am still scratching my head at that one!

Yup I scratching my head to. She was healthy,and she was fine for 11months. Until yesterday I took her out and that when she start it getting sick.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, little one.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, little one.

thank you