Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aluyasha

How many Goldfish can I have?

So I recently got a tank from a friend and would like to get back into keeping fancy goldfish (not sure what type I want though). I was hoping I could put at least two in there comfortably. It is a 38 gallon, normal fish tank shape. It has a Aqueon 75 filter and two bubblers (one of those long suction cup tube ones and a normal little one). It also has a few live plants in it though not familiar with plant names. It also has a good amount of gravel but I was thinking I could go bare bottom to add more water volume.

Any advice would be welcomed. :)

2 sounds ideal.

Please read our guidelines, if you haven't done so already.

Please read our guidelines, if you haven't done so already.

Thanks! I knew there had to be a thread with this information but I just couldn't seem to find it. lol

Be sure to post pictures of the tank, and the fish once you get them!!!!

Are pearlscales really that hard to care for? I was thinking about getting some.

The fancier the bread the more delicate they can be.

The fancier the bread the more delicate they can be.

I will remember that when I go to the petstore. I have had a few different types before and am actually most in love with bubble eye goldfish. I want to look at the other types but I would not be surprised if I go home with them, once I see them it is hard to walk away. lol

I have been reading up on the different types and narrowed it down to Oranda, Pearlscale, and Bubble Eye. Not all together of course, I just hope my two will end up being one of these types. :)

I have 2 Goldfish in my 38 gallon.  I think 2 Bubble Eyes would be great together :)

Is this tank dry or does it have water in it from the previous owner?

She drained it before I picked it up but there was still a couple of inches of water with the gravel.

She drained it before I picked it up but there was still a couple of inches of water with the gravel.

I would remove the gravel and anything else.  Then, I would clean, disinfect and dry everything completely before starting your own set up. 

Edited by Jared

I would remove the gravel and anything else.  Then, I would clean, disinfect and dry everything completely before starting your own set up. 

That was the plan. I have already been cleaning the parts and glass. Now I just need to scoop out all the little gravel bits.