Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

Some pictures

13 posts in this topic

IMG_0532_zpsqafqux02.jpg

IMG_0471_zpskzowo96p.jpg

IMG_0449_zpshg2mctjm.jpg

IMG_0440_zpskkhyx8t3.jpg

I ordered a back ground for this tank. I wanted a black one but it was 32 plus shipping.  So I ordered an aquarium garden one with rocks on the back. Only 7 plus shipping.  Wonder why the price was so different.  Neither of them were clings cause I have to put it on and not move the tank.

I really love the rock colors with the fish, they make them stand out beautifully. I'm partial to planted tanks but j can't deny how striking some of the cleaner hardscapes look. I always paint on my backgrounds or use contact paper though - I've had little luck with anything else :P

IMG_0449_zpshg2mctjm.jpg

His tail has gotten so much fuller and gorgeous since you got him! He also looks like he's getting big! 

IMG_0449_zpshg2mctjm.jpg

His tail has gotten so much fuller and gorgeous since you got him! He also looks like he's getting big! 

He is a little bigger and the tail on him is so awesome.

They're beautiful Angie. Love that tele :heart

Such gorgeous fish

All beautiful :9

One thing I found that worked well for us was to go to a craft store and get a bunch of scrapbook paper. I taped the pieces together and cut them to fit the back of the 40B, then taped that onto the back of the tank. I don't know how practical that is for a big tank haha, but maybe if you wanna change it up later :D

Look at that tail :yikes

One thing I found that worked well for us was to go to a craft store and get a bunch of scrapbook paper. I taped the pieces together and cut them to fit the back of the 40B, then taped that onto the back of the tank. I don't know how practical that is for a big tank haha, but maybe if you wanna change it up later :D

The tank is hard to get anything behind it. So would need to be one piece.  I may look for some material in black.  Needs to be heavy enough you can't see threw but not so heavy tap wont hold it.

PS I think Ru is going to be chocolate.  Wonder how long that well last? LOL

Edited by Hidr

The tank is hard to get anything behind it. So would need to be one piece.  I may look for some material in black.  Needs to be heavy enough you can't see threw but not so heavy tap wont hold it.

PS I think Ru is going to be chocolate.  Wonder how long that well last? LOL

oh no I meant that I taped everything together into one big piece, and then taped that to the tank. I did that without moving the tank away from the wall.

You could try the same thing with some black posters probably? 

oH Ok that is a great idea.  Ill have to remember this when I am ready for a change.

Edited by Hidr

I like the calico too. They tend to have such epic tails. I wish my Nericon had more pretty orange on her like yours. She's mostly white. Don't you love how our two fish are the same exact breed (calico fantail) but look SOOOO different? I find that amazing!

post-25299-0-22084500-1462209357_thumb.j

`Yep I love all the different colors.  The don't really start going fins and tails till they finish growing their boby.  So you might still get a nice long flowing tail.