Kokos Goldfish Forum

wait yes I do notice a bit on each of the plants but this one the most...

Looks like fish eggs.

really?! what do I do next? im newish to goldfish keeping and definately new at fish eggs

Edited by dreamweaver

The fish will eat most of them if you leave them there. If you want to try to hatch them and raise baby fish fill a large bowl or small aquarium with tank water and put the plant in it. The eggs will hatch in a few days if they were fertilized.

k I have a large plastic container will that do? do i need to to anything else?

omg im so excited!! they may not hatch but still excited lol

For now the plastic container should be fine. Fish fry have a high mortality rate so do not be surprised if only a small percentage hatch and live. After the fish hatch they will cling to the side for a few days. Leave them alone. Then they will start swimming. You could add a small air pump with very low air pressure to move the water around a small amount. I would test the water for ammonia and do gentle water changes as needed. Filters are not commonly used in fish fry tanks because the current of the return can injure baby fish.

I found Hikari First Bites to be a decent fry food. You could also smash up fish food into tiny bits.

I have a 29 gallon tank i am not using, I can put them in that...oh shoot I dont have extra pump....wait have an idea, I have 2 curtain bubble the one i can reduce to a small flow....set container up by the tank. do i put the bubbles in before or after they hatch (if they hatch)

Edited by dreamweaver

Yes I agree it looks like eggs as well.

In a 29 gallon I would suggest filling it half full. Many people say shallow water is good for them. Some people might even say only fill it with 6 inches or so of water.

No bubbles yet ...

ok....right now I have the plants in tank water, in a large plastic tub enough water to cover plants. is this good? what do i do just check on them everyday? do i need to anything special?