Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lizam

Southern Delight Foods

Hi,

I have been researching foods and there was a thread from  year ago about Southern Delight foods and others.  Anyone try them?  Opinions?

I'm interested in the goldfish one and especially the vegy krill algae bites.  Not really cheap for us Canadians but maybe worth it.  :idont

I've not tried this food before. I do think the ingredient list looks good except for "Wheat Flour" being third on the list. Would be better if whole wheat or later on in the list.

I just purchased the Southern Delight VegyKrill pellets. One of my fish has been bottom sitting and the other fish floats after being fed repashy gel food (soilent green and super green), so I thought I would try the Southern Delight food. (NLS gel and thera-A seem to be fine--no floaty or bottom sitting issues.)

I'll let you know if my fish like the VegyKrill and whether there are any floaty or bottom sitting issues.

The VegyKrill are suppose to be sinking pellets.

Edited by LisaCGold

I just purchased the Southern Delight VegyKrill pellets. One of my fish has been bottom sitting and the other fish floats after being fed repashy gel food (soilent green and super green), so I thought I would try the Southern Delight food. (NLS gel and thera-A seem to be fine--no floaty or bottom sitting issues.)

I'll let you know if my fish like the VegyKrill and whether there are any floaty or bottom sitting issues.

The VegyKrill are suppose to be sinking pellets.

Thanks Lisa!  That's awesome.  I have had some luck with using New Era/Vitalis cichlid pellets and algae pellets, which are both soft pellets and don't seem to cause floaty issues.   I have to be careful with NLS Thera A though but have had luck with NorthFin goldfish pellets.  I was a huge Repashy fan but that is changing...I just got an order from Almost Natural Fish Food that I'm excited to try.  He doesn't use any wheat products at all.  I have been really trying to mix up their diet and they seem better for it.  :)