Kokos Goldfish Forum
AquaAurora

AquaAurora's Goldfish MTS Chronicles

Very sorry to hear about Chocolate, but glad that there is a potential happy fish in the pond that might be a good friend for Speckles. Your plants are gorgeous!

Thank you ^^

Shubunkin Tanks WIP

First up, photo of some peace lily 'domino' babies.  I had pollinated one of my 2 big plants but the spathe and several months grown seeds vanished on me O.O no clue what the [censor] happened but can't find the spathe stock or seeds.. but the plants decided to make some new off shoots from their base.  Had a [censor] of a time getting them out, had to pull the plants from their basket completely to get the babies free, then had to hack back the mother plants roots to stuff them back in and on the 55g tank again... sorry I'm rambling, there's 3 small plants, currently in soil but I'll be putting them on the 75g riparium by the window once its set up.  I love this plant, various degrees of white flecks to almost 1/2 a leaf being white.  They start small but can get to 2' easy.

018_zpswvoaru92.jpg

And a spam of shots of the 75g progress.  Put a brace behind the split Lexan using some of the scrap-siliconed into place.  messy job as this is the back side (not the viewing side where fish will be).  Photo of the non riparium tank with back and side that will face the window painted, other side is not painted so it can be views from couch that will be moved into the room. And finally shots of the tank with Lexan-painted back, bottom 9since sand will be thin) and both sides, but did not paint over the back area so i can see into it in case of equipment issues (heater/filter). Used painters tape to make it easy.. need to razor off that drip from the 'back' too.
001_zpsvylvs9oq.jpg
003_zpsnokymixo.jpg
004_zps9gaq8qtw.jpg
005_zps9ovaedcq.jpg
007_zpspc2wqzdz.jpg

Bought 2 50lb bags of black diamond, have to get of my lazy arse and start rinsing it.. maybe tomorrow >.>''

No photos of it but hubby is working on the stands.  Its been hot as [censor] here and his work shop area is not insulated or set up with house ac so not much fun to work in in the heat.  Will get photos of stands when done and brought into the 'fish room'.

Boston fern is looking pretty crappy, not sure if it was over water before I bought it but its been loosing leaves like crazy..trying to save ti but may have to buy another (from a difference source).  I ended up buying some pothos n'joy from etsy but apparently the seller I got it from takes a long time to ship stuff ugh =,=hopefully it makes it here ok.

Edited by AquaAurora

Meet the New Kids-Introductions then QT begins!

So this past weekend my husband and I went on the hunt for a replacement buddy for Sprinkles.  I'd planned o try a place butterlfy had recommended on Sunday, but Saturday we went by Petsmart and nearly left empty handed. We had a laugh at one we dubbed "mustache-e-o" a mostly orange oranda with white face (mist eye level to under lower jaw) and black upper lip.  Wish I'd thought to take a photo but didn't >.<

We were about to leave when my husband spotted a goldy in mustache-e-o's tank he really liked (tank is up high so fish not at the front and low are hidden).  I don't know all the proepr names for colorations yet, but I think its almost a 'wild' type color(?) back before they were bred to orange .  It's sort of a pale brown-bronze-gold hue (anyone care to tell me the proepr term for this color.  It had little to no went and looked healthy as I could tell (no lethargy/swim issues, no veins/gill/scale damage or signs of external parasites, eyes were not cloudy) so we asked an employee to net 'em out.  While they were trying to catch our new goldfish another we kinda liked but my hubby wasn't too interested in getting before got caught by accident.  It's mostly orange but with a yellow under side and hint of white by chin/under pectorals.  Tips on caudal and dorsal are white and also have some black accents in fins.  Husband said we'll take that one too, give the new guy a buddy (since its smaller than sprinkles).  The employee was kind enough to go grab a larger fish bag and was real liberal with water and air int eh bag, she also double bagged them (most employees at this store don't). 

You can see the orange ones white markings better in this shot

009_zpstzz2sevs.jpg

I like to think they're in aw' of my 55g riparium (where they're looking atm). 
011_zps3abp7cse.jpg

Tried showing them to Sprinkles but she had no interest-was hunting down food scraps.  They did look into their final home tank though and seemed excited (too bad they need a 4-6 week qt first).  No photos as they were all out of focus.

Starting to drip acclimate, put an air stone in with the.  More "OMG" as they look around the room of planted tanks ^^  They're on an old old fold-able chair from the 80s-90s covered in paint.  Now-a-days I use it for water changes and acclimation.
016_zpspp2zeoch.jpg

Above view. I believe they are just around 2" body (not counting tail) as this cub is 5.5"x5.5".  Orange one is just a hair longer than the other.  If I put sprinkles in this tank she's touch side to side as body+ tail is about 5-5.5".
017_zpsb8dkqe6q.jpg

Water test on the bag they came home in.. lot of nitrates (and some ammonia).  Dosed prime to bind ammonia when I first opened bag.  pH is same as my tap.
025_zpsstviyh0g.jpg
026_zpsvfbku8al.jpg

Weighing time.. though I don't know how much I trust my scale as its actually not level on the top where you place an item to weight =,= [massive expletives about imported [censor] from China would go here].    Also some close up shots.  They're in a smaller bowl than I'd used for Chocolate and Sprinkles... and they would not hold still in the bowl, most non blurred shots I could get.  orange one does not have damaged fins, tips are white...white bowl makes them hard to see.
034_zpso740vqtw.jpg
043_zpsm7nb67hy.jpg
044_zps1qsq2chz.jpg
046_zpsai2i0y3z.jpg

Took several hours to acclimate (removing water from container every 10 minutes and letting tank water trip in via air lien tube and air pressure valve), then floated them in a bag with air stone in the tank to get up to temp before releasing.  Dosed prime to bind ammonia and let them be.  They INHALED their food at dinner time, had to resist feeding them more.

Next morning (Sunday) I did a huge water change.  They id NOT like the low water level.
051_zpswjj2cfid.jpg

Started a round of Prazipro dosing 1/2 teaspoon for the 10g tank.  I also put 10 level teaspoons of aq salt into a nylon stocking and let it sit int eh tank for 24 hours.  I'd read on this forum that you should not increase salinity past 0.1 - 0.2% when dosing prazipro, so I'll wait until Friday or Saturday to do a big water change to remove the meds and increase the salt then.

I had planned to scanning filter media from my 20g long for the qt tank but a white cloud mysterious died the day before I went it to get the foam so I did not use it.. new guys have to go through qt without a cycle.  I'm using an old hob (came with my original 10g tank), 2 air stones and a heater.  Dosing Prime daily to keep ammonia from being an issue.

This is my first time doing a 'proper' qt on goldfish (Sprinkles and Chocolate went straight into a planted tank, couldn't dose salt or meds as I had aquaponics going).  SO if you notice I'm doing anything wrong or have tips for qt tank let me know.

Edited by shakaho

Grabbed 2 white antheriums and an orchid at a local home improvement store yesterday.  Orchid is more blue than photo shows.  Orchid won't go on the riparium, but antheriums will.

065_zps1uvbg6mc.jpg
067_zpsp9oktlit.jpg

Saw a 'wild' hibiscus on the walk yesterday in the meadow at our park..  Not the best condition but it was the only open bloom, there were 2 plants with 3-4 other buds getting ready to open.  This was not here last year so not sure if someone dumped a house plant out here or what.

061_zpshnzotv1j.jpg

Side note: have to vent.. feel free to ignore this.

UGGGH I HATE HATE HATE when people toss a bunch of bettas (splenden) in a tiny tank and think its ok!  They're going to be stressed to hell and likely kill eachother!  If the the Thailand breeders (who are experts on maximizing survival rate to get more sales 'cause $ is their end game) put out the effort to keep them separated (even though it means taking longer to do water changes and feeding) maybe that's a hint you shouldn't through 3 girls and 2 boy bettas in a [censor] 5g tank!!!!! 

Even if you don't know [censor] about the breeders, the fact that stores keep them in separated cups with lids is a good [censor] hint they can't be kept together (otherwise they'd just be in a display tank like the danios, tetra, etc) AAAUUUURRGGGHHHHHH

AH ok done venting.

Edited by AquaAurora

I'd read on this forum that you should not increase salinity past 1-2% when dosing prazipro

That should read 0.1 - 0.2%.  With your permission, I'll edit your post to correct it.  These typos in concentration sometimes lead to confusion.

Edit:  This has been corrected.

Edited by shakaho

Sorry for the unprofessional vent in the last post, but on another forum that situation has happened  a few times and I hate that people think its ok.  Makes me want to scream, only worse treatment of bettas I can think of is to intentionally make the males fight.

I'd started cleaning my 'sand' yesterday, got about 1/2 a bag rinsed!  Took a lunch break and proceeded to gouge my index finger open on a blade when I tried to thin the dead fronds from the Boston fern (ended up hacking out over 2/3) of its foliage).  Was an accident of course, but if not for the blade running into my finger nail I think I'd have lost a decent chunk of flesh... took forever to stop bleeding.. sorry I'll stop getting into the gory details, but needless to say I won't be hand rinsing any more sand for a while until this closes up. I'm hoping I have enough for the tank I intend to plant.  I was thinking of trying something similar to this:

using nylon stocking to hold in some sand and a root tab for plants until they're well established and anchor themselves just fine.. or maybe I should just plant normally and wait to add fish so roots can spread (but I'd need more sand).. hmm..

Started trying to hunt down low $ foam for the canister filter, was hoping to get some in bulk so I could just cut to fit and have plenty leftover for replacing later on.

So got another plant for my 75g riparium (ordered online) today gotta say I'm extremely disappointing.  For $13 and being told its a 4" pot-of-plant shipped sans the pot, its NOT the amount of plant I'd expect.

Sellers photo, looks like a nice full pot of plants right?

il_570xN.668469533_kzr9_zpsdqtjbmfi.jpg

This is what I got/ how it looks in a 4" pot.

01_zps4j93kmmr.jpg
002_zpsnnoy3n92.jpg

Dunno about the rest of you but when I buy a 4" potted plant at the store there's usually 3-4x as much plant as I got.  SO yeah needless to say, not too happy.

In brighter news the stands are put together and urethaned, debating about painting them (kinda think I might?).  Downside: we have a family member staying over for the week using the guest room we want to convert into the fish room (couldn't put them in the other room as it had the painted tanks+ other equipment stuffed in there.  So gotta wait >.<  Once stands and tanks are in we can order materials for the water bridge.

New fishies in qt are doing well, they eat the food real fast.  The bronze one comes close to my fingers but won't hand feed yet.  Will do a wc on friday when prazi pro treatment is done.

I need to do a wc on Sprinkle's tank to remove poop some time today.. >.>

I'd read on this forum that you should not increase salinity past 1-2% when dosing prazipro

That should read 0.1 - 0.2%.  With your permission, I'll edit your post to correct it.  These typos in concentration sometimes lead to confusion.

Ah k thank you, I am known to typo a lot so appreciate the correction!

Some shots from yesterday.  My super cheap substrate, can't beat $8 for 50lbs!!!

I find it humorous the red text says "PRODUCT MUST STAY DRY" but then I'm not using it for its original purpose.

001_zps1xgcuuvl.jpg

And rinsing it outside, put it in a bucket on a metal lawn chair so I don't mess up my back being hunched over.  I find rinsing it in small batches makes it go faster-gets all the sludge/oil out faster with a thin layer.
002_zpsncwwcygu.jpg

Sprinkles enjoying a chunk of orange before lunch.

005_zpscoex8zgh.jpg

I tried giving some tiny pieces to the new guys but they were not interested in the orange at all.

Also shot of 40 water test from today (nitrates look more red in photo then it actually is) 0pmm, 0pmm, 10ppm even after ripping out several of the aquaponic plants!  Gotta love that water sprite ^^

003_zpslta4hrat.jpg

Also good news the family member will be leaving tomorrow so we can gut the future fish room and set up tank and stands tomorrow afternoon hopefully YAY!

I've been debating over the # of Bristol shubunkins to get.. its going to be 2 connected 75gs.. thinking maybe 6-8?  I have 2 spare ~12g tubs I used for black worm culturing before that I'll likely store in the fish room to be qt tanks as needed.  I'm debating if I should start the bristols off in the tubs so I can give the them some time with a salt treatment-being a planted tank I won't put aq salt in the main display, split them into groups of 3-4 between the tubs.

Also I've been trying to get a sweet potato to sprout some roots and vine for me but it's being a stubborn [censor] and not growing anything for me even though I've had it suspended over water for over a week =,=

Edited by AquaAurora

Finger is slowly healing, hoping to work on sand again tomorrow.

Got the tank stands into the fish room (will get photos tomorrow), still need to take out the bed though, then drag the tanks in.  I think I'm gonna paint the stands, since white cedar was used for the legs and white pine for the rest..not sure if I'll paint black (works with tank trim but much darker than room colors), or white (goes with room trim but then it will put a reflection into tank when taking photos) ... hmmmm.  I'd love to just paint the room black but.. I'm too terribly lazy for that =.= also it woudl mean buying Kills white and painting again prior to selling the house if we ever wanted to.

Threw a bunch of $ at an ebay seller for plants, hope they make it here ok (also hope to have the tanks on the stands with water by the time the plants arrive.  I'll likely qt plants in a bin for 2 weeks or so and use No Planaria to get rid of any snails, or freshly hatched snails.

Look forward to giving the qt tank a much needed water change tomorrow.  Thinking 2x 90%ish water changes then start raising the salt level.

Yesterday I felt much like the panicy white rabbit of Alice in wander land "No time to say hello, goodbye, I'M LATE I'M LATE I'M LATE!" While not specifically late to anything I had quite the full plate.  New goldies needed a 100% water change and add in of aq salt, my husband's 12g long needed a water change as I did a no planaria round to get rid of the mini ramshorns that were taking over (this stuff is great for killing off snails-doesn't seem to work on mts though).  I also desperately needed to do a grocery run (and also get more aq salt because [CENSOR] it takes a LOT of salt for that 0.3% salinity in just a 10g!!). Well on top of all that my plant order came in!  Was not expecting that!  So now I also had to dump my pre-rinsed sand into the 75g, set up light, heater, and air stones for some circulation, stuff plants in (no time to aquascpae just jam 'em in there!), and add no planaria to kill off any snails (and do another treatment in a week or so to kill off hatchlings)!

Scale with total weight of container+ salt (salt weighs about 210 g on its own), look how much salt it takes!!

001_zpsn6podt4p.jpg
003_zps2id54ovm.jpg

Pre plant tank setup, put sand bag in a 5g bucket to keep it from falling all over floor.. it fulled about 4g worth of bucket.. as wet sand it was [CENSOR] HEAVY!! (today my bake is killing me from lifting it)

010_zpst7nxdljk.jpg
011_zpsgyhumkvq.jpg

Shot of the riparium with light over it to show the holes in the faux wall (will stuff with black foam)

008_zpsc1q3s8hl.jpg

Seller is a really nice person, and I'd buy from again, s/he contacted me saying one of the plants on my order did not look healthy and offered to replace it with something else I wanted.  I gave 2 options for them to choose from, they sent both + the healthiest of the unhealthy plant so i got a LOT more swords than I expected.  Most of the plants are nearly full grown too!  So they're decently tall in the tank already.  Again i did not aquascae-plant placement is not permanent.

007_zpsxtvuto0x.jpg
025_zpshoqfstyx.jpg
026_zpslayahxms.jpg
027_zpsilnpqtza.jpg
028_zpsrgnu7lhb.jpg

Powder tretment added to kill snails

029_zpspijnvjy0.jpg
030_zpsnbosmpru.jpg

I'd ordered a 64 oz online but it won't be here till end or week or likely next week and after dosing for salt yesterday I have... 2-3 level teaspoons left (need 30 a day)?  I was a bit pissed when I got to petco and the only one they had was the 16 oz and it cost as much as I paid for the 64 oz online =.= ugh whatever.  goldfish were lacking at petco, mostly kois and some itty bitty goldies (surprised the koi didn't swallow them).. there were a few mores that had their own tank but they looked to be halt dead already, clamped and lethargic.  Betta selection wasn't so great and some looked pretty sad.  A father-daughter came and looked at bettas, I had to bite my tongue not to drown them in a sea of information on proepr care (plus I was in a hurry so no time for that).

WOW hun those are some very nice plants :)

WOW hun those are some very nice plants :)

Thanks ^^ 

Oo forgot to list plants (not in order as I don't know a few of the swords):

(mine from qt tank) Nymphaea taiwan

Amazon sword (thr problem plant)

Aponogeton crispus

Red flame sword

Red tiger lotus,

Red jungle val

Java fern on mat

the free extras where 3 melon swords and 2 Altlandsberg swords!

Seller is jdaquatics13 on ebay, Jdaquatics on aquabid.

The mat is NOT shrimp safe, metal ends exposed, going to buy super glue to seal those.. or might just rip moss off mat and tie to ss mesh.

Plan is to hopefully scape and train the lotus and n. taiwan to stay compact via aggressive trimming, let swords grow tall, and have vals take over the back wall trailing on surface.  If java fern does well maybe it'll take over the substrate with time, if not oh well.

Edited by AquaAurora

Awww :( I'm sorry about Chocolate. :(

~~~~

Looove you watersprite! My guys tugged the water sprite you sent loose and 2 of them especially like to burrow themselves in it while it's floating. I think they sleep like that. :scared  If you ever need to thin yours out, I'd love to purchase  more, as the fish love it and it's not taking off yet. :(

I've got some extra now that's been through a snail killing treatment, I'll pm you with photos

~~~~

Looove you watersprite! My guys tugged the water sprite you sent loose and 2 of them especially like to burrow themselves in it while it's floating. I think they sleep like that. :scared  If you ever need to thin yours out, I'd love to purchase  more, as the fish love it and it's not taking off yet. :(

I've got some extra now that's been through a snail killing treatment, I'll pm you with photos

Your so kind :thumbs:

75g Riparium

Back still hurts but managed to get the 12g water change done today.  Takes for-ev-er to refill (I use air line tube and put a bucket above the tank-adds water slower so it doesn't shock the dwarf shrimp). 

Also did wc on the qt tank.  Little ones are doing well, both have taken 1 bite of food form my fingers now but they aren't doing it every feed yet.

Slapped most of the riparium plants (Peace lily 'domino', porhos n'joy, and antherium) on the 75g, still need to tackle the monstrously large dieffenbachia.. maybe tomorrow.  I split the smaller dieffenbachia and put 3 stem on the tank, put the other 3 back in the vase I had them in by the betta windowsill tank.  Also moved the creeping jenny and Calathea orbifolia.  Orchid is also by the tank but not in photo as its on a messy shelf atm. 

I'm going for a Green and White theme on the riparium, some photos make them look more yellow though :/

005_zpsd201oims.jpg
006_zpsyii6npej.jpg
004_zps8te4v2p8.jpg
007_zpsatydewdr.jpg
011_zps7a6iqe33.jpg
009_zpshqnah4nz.jpg
010_zpszsz9ppl1.jpg

I'm hoping someday it will look like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bf/2f/a8/bf2fa88a901d1667006a7681a74fa171.jpg

I appear to have bought more planter basket (shower caddies) than I need for the riparium, and no real room on my other setups for the extras, whoops>.<

Well off to try to tackle the giant plant before dinner!

~~~~

Your so kind :thumbs:

^^ Just trying to help out another plant lover.  I always want to encourage planted tanks (riparium/aquaponic, or aquatic)

These water sprite are not from the goldfish tank, they're from my 8g bubble bowl which is why they don't need the qt time (until sept 16), i should probably add that to my pm >.>

Edited by AquaAurora

Beautiful plant's.

You have so much going on it is completely mind boggling!!!

So I read in this forum that the eheim pro 3 canister filter had a manufacturer issue that causes leaks, but can't find info on which exact pro 3 (there are 3 of them) and serial # range has the defect.. I want to know before I start using my pro 3 1200xl, don't feel like destroying the house dumping out nearly1 50gs onto the floor from a defective canister filter!  Anyone have info on this?

Whoops forgot to post these photos form the 26th

Photos of the 75g tank stands my hubby made.  He had to modify the design slightly as the quality of wood these days is such [censor] the boards were warped even after he tried to un-warp them so had to add extra bracing on the lower part of the legs.  But it gives me a extra space to store some things under the tanks ^^. Keeping stands open instead of cabinet style since one will be right over a vent.
016_zpsrwdjd2nn.jpg
017_zps4tnwnamu.jpg
018_zps5tm7pttp.jpg

Some shots from the qt tank.  When I did a 90% wc
007_zpskk8kk68b.jpg

Won't hold still for a clear shot but I love the dorsal fin, very tall and undamaged (unlike the orange one which has a slight kink)
011_zpsxtt6wj6w.jpg

You have so much going on it is completely mind boggling!!!

Hopefully it won't come back to bite me in the [censor] later having so many tanks (i think I'm going to dismantle a few betta tanks as they pass on, get down to 4 instead of 8 >.> )

Wow that's a very nice stand. I know who to call when I need one lol

So I contacted Eheim North America about the canister filter asking what serial # range had issues, this was the reply (came surprisingly fast):

Hello;

The Pro 3’s you speak of were manufactured in 2009. Please check your series number, located on the pump head. We encountered a primer assembly issue with the the first series of EHEIM pro 3 manufactured late 2009/ early 2010. This leak will only develop many months later 12+ months after the unit has been put in operation. When the primer is affected the unit will be leaking water where the power cord comes out. Only a few series are affected by this issue and are the following:

- Any canister filter with series number starting by 09

- Any Ultra G canister filter series number ending on numbers 1 or 2

- The series number of the unit (located on a label on the side of the pump head) I have attached a file to show you where to look.

Also please take note that the support group for EHEIM in North America has changed. You will no longr be able to contact support@eheimna.com for support or technical help. In order to serve you better please send all emails to info@eheim.de or call EHEIM directly at +49 (0) 7153 -7002 (located in Germany)

Thank you!

Thankfully my canister does not have those #s and is not an ultra g series (mine is labeled for larger gph than the ultra g series I found online- near 450) in that region of the serial code so aside from rubber drying out form being in storage and possibly cracking I should be ok, no known manufacturer flaws to deal with!

Wow that's a very nice stand. I know who to call when I need one lol

^^My hubby is a great handy man!  Knows carpentry/wood working, electrical, and much more, also great for DIY things! 

Edited by AquaAurora

Been very busy.  Was lucky enough to have my big al's order come in yesterday (I'd run out of the tiny 16 oz aq salt after just 2 days), I also got a lot of extra eheim tubing in the order O.o I stopped trying to measuring after I hit 20'+ (only ordered 16').  I wrapped the tubing around the box frame (still need to drag that out of the room) to undo the tight wind on it, went all the way around the outside + some extra ('full' size mattress).  Odd thing though, the box the items came ins said jalapano bread crumbs mix on it O.o Use to getting stuff with eh site/company branding all over the box but whatever they are recycling so that's good.

Finished the No Planaraia treatment on the new plants in the 75g to kill snails so did a 75% water cahnge yesterday and replanted the ones that came loose.  Need to throw in some liquid ferts today (will put in root tabs onec I have it scaped).  I kinda want to spray paint the canister tubing black so it doens't get algae from the window light but my lazyness makes me want to skip that >.>''

Good news:inally ordered clear pvc + other non clear pvc parts for water bridge.  Bad news: will take till the 12th to get here x.x

Ah well at least I'll get the fish later when its cooler so shipping should be less stressful right?

Grabbed 4 tiny nerites at my local petsmart 2 red spot (aka tiger) and 2 baseball hat(only took ones clinging to a decor item so i knew they weren't dead-some were empty shells in the tank).  Acclimated and put them in the 40g breeder, already see some green spot algae  gone and the tell tail tracks of nerite munching ^^  Hoping to eventually figure out which are boys and which are girls, give a male to my husband's 12g long and keep girls in the goldfish tank as I don't care if they lay eggs in there.  I may move Very Berry to a 7g cube on my desk (though I prefer a 10g or larger for such a big snail species).

What else.. new fish finished their week of salt treatment so back to 0% salinity.  They are use to my hand now and will eat form it and nibble at it when I have a hand in to do water changes.  They don't 'suck'/'bite' as hard as Sprinkles but they are smaller.  I wonder how Sprinkles will feel when they finally go into the 40g breeder.. either "Oh [censor] me, couple of rowdy kids in here now!" or "Yay new friends!"

Had a very hectic week here, will get back to updating next week hopefully ^^''

Basically all 16 tanks (technically 17) had to be left unattended (no food for fish or ferts for plants.. or water cahnges) for the week due to a family emergency.  Things have settles down now, from what I can tell no deaths in the school/shoal fish tanks and all the bettas and goldfish are fine (pissed about the diet but healthy).

I hope things improve soon regrading your emergency!

I hope things improve soon regrading your emergency!

Same, we'll see tomorrow at doc. visit.

Not going to get too into the drama (read panic) of the emergency but hope never to have it again!  Seems most fish made it ok.. sadly my husband's betta female is having sbd (swim bladder disorder) issues aka bloated and stuck at the surface.  It started last night so thinking she may have accidentally been over fed blood worms (hoping this instead of sbd being a side effect of an infection/parasite).  Fasting and doing Epsom baths to try to help clear her.  We lost my husband's past favorite betta to bloat caused from ingesting live floating plants (could not digest-clogged stomach and could not process any new food), hoping his girl didn't decide to do the same thing and munch on her floaters.

The goldfish did fine.  I dosed prime each day when I ran home to quickly feed/potty/walk the puppy, so the little ones in qt didn't get messed up from ammonia.  The nerites have kicked [censor] in the 40g working on the algae on the front glass (and unseen algae elsewhere).  Have to figure out which is the female as I have seen some eggs.  I want to put a male in my husband's other tank-12g long (don't want female laying eggs all over the ohko stone in that tank). 

Threw up a sale thread for some extra plants I had planned to put in my 75g but there's no real room for them-chain swords and a red tiger lotus.

What else.. basically this weekend the new goldies get to go into the 40g breeder.  I'll likely move the mystery snail out and maybe 1-2 of the nerites to avoid spiking ammonia too much (and avoid huuuuge piles-o-poo.. though there may not be an ammonia problem as the water sprite has completely taken over!  The veggies I planted above (lettuce and cucumber) will simply not grow-they're not getting enough nitrogen and nutrients with the water sprite sucking it all up in the tank haha.

What else.. oh I [censor]ed up and bought acrylic instead of lexan for the 75g lids  Might not seem like a big deal except eh acrylic bows horribly and in 2 days nearly falls into the tank from bowing so much! Lexan does not have this issue.  My ever helpful hubby came up with the idea of using the scrap black lexan (used for faux wall on 75g ripiarum) to make braces to silicone to the acrylic to force it not to bow.  Took the lids off 1 tank and let them un-bow overnight, going to slap the black trim on today hopefully.

Sadly the creeping jenny I had in soil on the windowsill died I think from lack of water during the week of no-love.  Surprised the orchid didn't have a fit and wilt too.

Still haven't gotten the bed out of the goldfish room.. it was going to go to someone moving to a new place but they never contacted and turned out a week later they got a free bed elsewhere.  Whatever.  We figured out a new plan for the unused bed, and once its out we can put the couch in that we wanted to.

Will get photos hopefully today but no promises.

Going to go do a water change on the qt tank now, maybe try to get some shots of them to post later.

have some photos: 40g over grown in water sprite.  Sprinkles would NOT cooperate for photos grrr.  Snails all hidden somewhere in the jungle.

007_zps7wxhjvx8.jpg
009_zpsjknqnffd.jpg
010_zpsjvn0dyr2.jpg
011_zps5nndhjbz.jpg
012_zpseqcyhxee.jpg

And some shots of the little ones during water change.

016_zpsf7ocxlxy.jpg
020_zpsetzyrsfc.jpg
023_zpsc5njepaf.jpg
027_zpsabpnxidy.jpg

Will get photos of the shubukin goldfish room later.

Edited by AquaAurora