Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AquaAurora

AquaAurora's Goldfish MTS Chronicles

Beautiful!!!

16 hours ago, AquaAurora said:

No I am talking about deleting images attached from computer. not a image host site.

There's a section called "my attachments" under the username at the top right of the page but I don't see a "delete" option there https://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/attachments/

I think I fixed it for you :) 

New fantails are settling in well, going daily 100% water change-using cleaned milk jug to shake up aq salt and dissolve it. 

Reeny the Pembroke Welsh Corgi finally noticed them today (their qt is on the floor).  She was curious but hesitant to check them out.  Better than trying to get in the tank and catch them right? 

006.JPG003.JPG

Did mention we have another puppy now too?  His name is Steiner (translated to English:stone warrior), a Swedish Vallhund-look 'em up.  Their similar to conies-same short leg long body herding breed.  One breed was used to create the other-the origin breed is still debated though.  He's 5 months now (Reeny is 1.5 eyars old).  Interesting have watched both grow-Reeny kept short legged as a pup and grew proportionately.  Steiner is all legs and slowly getting length-he's almost as tall as Reeny already.

009.JPG

3 hours ago, koko said:

I think I fixed it for you :) 

Thank you so much!!!!

6 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Beautiful!!!

Thank you

Steiner is beautiful!!!! 

I have no will power =.= did some shuffling and put the 2 newer goldfish into the planted 55g with 2-3 nerites, gave away my sword tails and moved my angelfish to a 20g.

Went to the store I got the goldfish from to give the swordtails and came home with 1 of the 3 (thought there were only 2-they hide well!) calicos from the outside pond... this pond did have fish lice last month, manager/owner(?) did not think there were any left, I'd assume after a month if there was still some they'd be visible.  But new calico is in qt tank.  It went from a majority black with some orange and white to mostly orange in the tank (no light on qt).  Hoping once its back in a planted tank with light it will get dark again.

Photos to come

On 8/16/2017 at 7:18 PM, DawnMichele said:

Steiner is beautiful!!!! 

Thank you

Both your dogs are gorgeous! When do we see pics of the new fish?? :)

On 9/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, ChrissieA said:

Both your dogs are gorgeous! When do we see pics of the new fish?? :)

Thank you ^^ Hopefully this week, need to weigh and measure, will get photos them

took photos last week just forgot to upload. 40grams, 4" body, looong fins, veiltail?

020.JPG030.JPG064.JPG

also other 2 previously in qt are enjoying the planted 55g-stuck 2 aquaclear 70s on, kept the old sponge fitler and stuffed it over the intake of 1 of the HOB.  Mild plant nibbling and 2-3 uprooted, but nothing too serious

017.JPG

Edited by AquaAurora

2 hours ago, AquaAurora said:

took photos last week just forgot to upload. 40grams, 4" body, looong fins, veiltail

also other 2 previously in qt are enjoying the planted 55g-stuck 2 aquaclear 70s on, kept the old sponge fitler and stuffed it over the intake of 1 of the HOB.  Mild plant nibbling and 2-3 uprooted, but nothing too serious

Your Veiltail Is magnificent!!!! WOW!!!!! Beautiful tank!!!!

Edited by DawnMichele

No, that isn't a veiltale. See some pictures here.  A perfect veiltail, like the "Philadelphia Veiltail Goldfish" in the link has a tail that is all the same length.   Your gorgeous fish has a ribbontail like the ones here.

Wow that is a Stunning fish!

On a negative note I noticed my orandas have been gasping in the 40g breeder aquaponics.. did a water change yesterday (95%ish) still gasping today so did a ammonia and nitrite test.. ammonia is dark green!! Did 2x 95% water changes and filling up now, dosing extra prime to bind ammonia.  Not sure what happened, I'm guessing I forgot to add Prime in a past fill up and killed my beneficial bacteria >.<  Get to do more aggressive water changes for a while now and buy another 4L jug of Prime

16 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Thank you ^^

13 hours ago, shakaho said:

No, that isn't a veiltale. See some pictures here.  A perfect veiltail, like the "Philadelphia Veiltail Goldfish" in the link has a tail that is all the same length.   Your gorgeous fish has a ribbontail like the ones here.

Thank you for the info.

7 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Wow that is a Stunning fish!

Thank you

🤤 love your goldfish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Thats what I was going to say :o 

5 hours ago, koko said:

Thats what I was going to say :o 

I beat you to it!!!!  :teehee

Your new fish is splendid! And I love that planted tank :)

On 8/14/2017 at 4:10 PM, AquaAurora said:

Because the plants weren't growing the way I wanted I decided to get a 3rd goldfish-a calio fantail (my favorite) ideally female.  A very kind member did offer me a few of theirs to pick from, unfortunately the ones closer to coloration I wanted were male-their female was lovely but not enough orange for what I was looking for -looks almost like a dalmatian! 

I decided to go to a far away petstore.. kinda father than I prefer to go over the weekend with my husband and was lucky enough to find 3 calico fantails.. unfortunately 2 were in a tank be treated for tank lice, the young woman that cares for goldfish/koi showed me a lice on one fish man they're huge!  These 2 had a lot of black spots-mostly black with orange and tiny bit of white.  Didn't want to deal with lice even in a qt but fortunately the 3rd first, actually the first we saw was what I wanted, and my husband believes its the same calico we saw last summer at this store.  Soo ramble ramble we bought it the non lice infected goldfish.  Still debating on names.. if I stick to the food theme all I got is "Quinoa" (since we use a mutli colored variety).. anyways here's some crapy photso (she was NOT happy about the small container for sizing)

Unnamed 37 grams, little over 3"

orderd skyblue reeived 069.JPGorderd skyblue reeived 073.JPG

Remember this goldie?  S/he is now at 55ish grams and lost 99% of their black.

yeZfXzA.jpg

Sadly I'd lost everyone else.. but got a new roommate for them. We named the new one Pepper. First days home getting weighed and our newest/youngest pup came to check the oranda out, Pepper was just as curious.

HYolI4e.jpg

After qt I had to bug bomb the room the 75g is in so unplugged air pump and taped up the tank so nothing got in and moved the fantail to a separate temp tank for a few days.  They both were acclimated and put back into the tank at the same time (different buckets).  They're getting along great and eat constantly!   I'm tossing in baby spinach (and sometimes other salad greens) 4-6 times a day + small portions of soilent green 2 times a day!  Ps peper is a photo bomber!

nloOdzi.jpg

lwxqiOd.jpg

Pgn3pVH.jpg

8FwE9jT.jpg

Tank is doing well, plants get nibbled but not destroyed.. have bba (black beard algae) but I think increasing water changes will help with that.

2yPgFlQ.jpg

svcdlMr.jpgpcH3gXr.jpg

view from the couch

WP9MSfs.jpg

Your tank and fish are stunning!!!

Wow looks awesome.  Once my goldfish got to be a year old they pulled up my jungle val and wisteria.  Amazon Swords are still hanging tough though 5 years later, as well as all the anubias and java fern I attached to driftwood.  Always love to see a planted tank with goldfish.  Well done.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, FishyMandy said:

Your tank and fish are stunning!!!

Thank you very much ^^

On 1/11/2019 at 11:29 PM, Andrew Goldfish said:

Wow looks awesome.  Once my goldfish got to be a year old they pulled up my jungle val and wisteria.  Amazon Swords are still hanging tough though 5 years later, as well as all the anubias and java fern I attached to driftwood.  Always love to see a planted tank with goldfish.  Well done.

I think I lost some vals  (but from melt off when moved from 55g to 75g) but they don't pull them up.  My amazon swords are doing well.  My melon swords however were completely devoured.  Aponogeton crispus is doing great-nibbled on and algae covered but it keeps growing.  Also have some crypts (common wendtii brown/green)