Kokos Goldfish Forum

so recently as of last night,my tank is now a bare bottom, because of problems with the gravel getting stuck in the goldfishes mouths, anyway I removed the goldies, and took out some water I then went and remvoved the gravel with a fish net, I was able to get it all out except for many tiny little pieces I tried with a paper towel tried scooping it out with the fish net it just repeatedly floats out. please help I want to get these pieces out.

Cathy

Silicon spatula is great at getting those last little bits :thumbup2:

How about just sucking them out with a siphon?

How about just sucking them out with a siphon?

Yes! This is what I'd do!

But you can't talk about your tank with out pics! :nana

Edited by Flipper

I use a piece siphon tube.  Remove the grave vacuum.  Keep the fish away from it or they'll get stuck.

Edited by Jared

I can take them out.I took them out when i took out the gravel..by syphon do you mean the tubing piece of the vacuum?

sorry forgot to add pictures, lol

sorry my phone is a horrible picture taker...

13082503_10204323442684945_8970564176425

13092056_10204332179583362_7813325792336

Edited by dreamweaver

the one with or without slats?

I used one without the slits. I guess it depends how much water you have left. If you still have water in the tank go the siphon option.

If I had my massive dream tank The spatula may be retired from my tool box :rofl

lol speckles.... look what I bought will be arriving soon no more buckets to haul...

25 Foot - Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Maintenance System

cant wait!

Edited by dreamweaver

I can take them out.I took them out when i took out the gravel..by syphon do you mean the tubing piece of the vacuum?

Yes :)

I was thinking ever see those round colored gems they have in the dollar stores for fish bowls? I was thinking of getting some blue and white and mix them maybe put a layer on the bottom not heavy real thin, or I can make up some small round plastic bowls to put my plants in even though they are fake and put a layer of gems around that.

what are your thoughts? I want a nice new layout...I have different plants too some green and purple I can switch them out

Edited by dreamweaver

One of my fish will be in a small QT tank for the next month or two and I decided to just add a few river rocks and artificial plants. She gets bored with absolutely nothing in her tank. The rocks cost $1 from Dollar Tree. They sell the glass kinds too, which I also have. My other fish tries to eat plastic plants and I was afraid she'd hurt her mouth so only river rocks.

post-25299-0-58211100-1461883894_thumb.j

:clapping: thanks for the pics! :D

Cute tank!