Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenzaar

Spots/discoloration on fish

This post is probably pointless. :rofl But I want to have it here to document any changes, in case this is something strange.

and for what it's worth, 99% chance that you won't be able to even see what I'm trying to explain. :ignore

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)   0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)      0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)     5-10
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)    0.5
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)     0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)     0-5
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)   pH 7.6 //  GH 8drops  // KH 3 drops 
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)     pH 7.6 possibly slightly higher than tank  // GH 6 drops  // KH 3 drops
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?   API test drops
      • * Water temperature?   about 75F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?   125 gallons, nearing two years
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?    Fluval 406 (383gph)  and FX6 (900gph)
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?   Usually twice weekly, 90% and 50%+ for the second
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?    Last Wednesday, about 90%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?     8 fish - 6 between 55-100g, two around 25g
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?   Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?   bloodworms, NLS, NLS Algaegel .  Fed 3x a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?    Yes, 6 days ago
  • * Any medications added to the tank?    Prazi was added 6 days ago - not active but I have not changed the water since
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.      Everyone gets 4 weeks and two rounds of prazi before going into tank. Last two "maintenance" rounds were in late December when little fish were added.   The newest fish had 4 weeks QT (3 weeks @0.3% salt) and 2 rounds Prazi. Latest round was added Wednesday, and I planned to start one more tomorrow. 
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?    Fish in question (not the new fish) has funny darkened spots on body. Maybe looking into it too much, but I also spotted what look like some streaking under the scales. 
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?   Active today, I have seen some sitting lately but I think it is a most annoying monkey-see-monkey-do behavior. :wa
  •  

Says it all. Perhaps I was just looking too close, but I saw some spots that I'd never seen on Edna this morning. Nothing alarming, just slight discoloration. Maybe it's just a weird matte thing. Blimp, the orange mattie, has some scales that are a darker shade than the rest of his coloration. Could be something like that. 

If you can zoom in, it kinda shows. Not an easy fish to get clear shots of. :doh11:

bideUXc.jpg

lM1JtBb.jpg

Excuse the really weird swimming. I think she'd just had enough.   :peeka

Now that interesting.

I dont see dots but I do see how the scales and the fish is changing alittle. I would for now keep an eye out.. I dont think there is much you can do right now :(

I guess it's not so much spots as the scales or colors changing a little. Hard to describe haha but i think you saw it.

And no I'm not about to do anything other than watch and wait. :)

Pretty fish Jenna.

Hope it's nothing serious :)

Pretty fish Jenna.

Hope it's nothing serious :)

:o :o i was just wondering where you've been!! Hi! :hi

How's everything?? :nana

And thanks! She's one of Betty's kids. :teehee i think she's fine :)

Good to hear.

I'm well, thanks :)

Have some new fish.

Ranchu.

:goldfish:

Good to hear.

I'm well, thanks :)

Have some new fish.

Ranchu.

:goldfish:

It's been a while, maybe you've forgotten this part of the forum... PICTURES PLEASE! :SmackBottom:  :photo:

huh. Edna is all clamped up today. I saw Myrtle (sakura, mostly matte) with similar discoloration and streaking on her body. If you can't make it out, the colors are just dull and there is slight browning in some areas. It's subtle, but it's there. Will go through recent pics/videos to see if this is not all that new. :idont

htZXdlj.jpg

3RJGzhQ.jpg

:o

You can also see that the two small teles have some extra slime coat. one has a red spot near the peduncle.

this video is really not helpful at all :idont

I'm about to do a water change now, as large as I can with the short time I have before leaving for the day. I'd like to get in another round of Prazi, but let me know if that's not advisable.

Edited by jenzaar

uh so here are the videos ? :doh11:

s

this is the not helpful one

d

Hope Edna feels better.

wow hun....

Do you have silver?

Hope Edna feels better.

Thanks, Dawn!

wow hun....

Do you have silver?

jeeze I thought I replied to this!

I don't have silver. I'll check what I have here in a little while, and I think I saved a list of what the lfs carries too.

Any thoughts on what's happening? :idont

Hope Edna feels better.

Thanks, Dawn!

wow hun....

Do you have silver?

jeeze I thought I replied to this!

I don't have silver. I'll check what I have here in a little while, and I think I saved a list of what the lfs carries too.

Any thoughts on what's happening? :idont

Kinda looks like the start of a bacterial infection :o

I was looking in my Johnson & Hess book and that's what i was guessing.. but stopped there, sometimes better to wait than consult with google and aquatic Web MD for worst case scenarios. :rofl

Oh I hope everything is ok! :yikes

Aw, was that betty in the corner at the last second?

Edited by Speckles

and still worse :(

BL16Non.jpg

v

At least everyone's been up and moving this morning, but Edna looks like crap and Myrtle's catching up. 

Oh I hope everything is ok! :yikes

Aw, was that betty in the corner at the last second?

Thanks Speckles.

Yeah that's Betty, but she's a crotchety old lady and spends a lot of time sitting. I think she knits when I'm not watching. :teehee

What kind of Antibiotics do you have on hand hun?

I have:

Metro

Kanaplex

Triple sulfa (i think? I know my lfs has it)

And an unopened bag of metromeds that i bought just before goldfishconnection closed up shop.

I have:

Metro

Kanaplex

Triple sulfa (i think? I know my lfs has it)

And an unopened bag of metromeds that i bought just before goldfishconnection closed up shop.

Talking in the back...

BRB :)

Thanks koko :)

If it's worth anything, most of the fish are hanging out at the top.

And now Betty. :cry

Edna now looks like i left her in the desert at high noon.

anybody? Can i get some med suggestions in case i have to have anything shipped? We're on Day 4 of this and I'd hate to twiddle my thumbs an extra two days after things get worse, if they do.

Sorry to hear Jenna - I hope everyone bounces back quickly!

Thanks Kathleen.

I've stuck my nose back in my book, which i tried not do...

On chilodonella:

"Excess slime and spiderweb hemorrhages may appear on the skin. Finally, in the last stages of infestation, the fish begin to gasp at the surface." I'm going to try to not google pictures?...

:thud somebody stop me.

here is where we're at...

x

I honestly don't think there is much point in QT, slow start and 4 out of 8 fish are showing redness... but I moved these two out anyway. don't they look pretty

meant to add this pic in case video does not show it as clearly

g8j7W1R.jpg

Edited by jenzaar