Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

Dixie may have to be rehomed

12 posts in this topic

I have only done this one other time. I re homed a German Shepard that attacked my lab and killed my kitten.  Now I may need to do the same with Dixie. She has not gotten hurt or hurt anyone yet.  But my 17 year old Chihuahua can't get off the couch without getting clobbered by Dixie.  Also no matter how many times Bell snaps at her or makes her yelp she wont leave Bell along either.

I am at my breaking point.  I paid for some training classes that start Sat but I don't think there is anything I can do to get her to leave my elder dogs alone.  I can't be here 27/7 to keep them and her safe.

Her new name is Seed of Satan, Hell Hound.  Or on most days her name is No!!

Can you maybe crate train or maybe have her as an out side dog :)

She is crate trained but I can't leave her in there all day long.  I can't keep her in the yard cause I have a dog door so my others can go out to potty when need be.  

I guess I could get her a kennel but then she will not get much attention.  Maybe the class will help.  Or I could just lock her in the crate or put her out four or five house a day so the others get a break from her.

Edited by Hidr

I'm sorry you are going through this. I have 3 chi's. (13y/12y/10y) 2 of which don't get along, especially if left alone. (The 13y/4 lbs & the 10y/7 lbs) Once the 7 pounder tore a chunk out of the 4 pounder's face when I wasn't home. It needed stitches and was very close to his eye. Since then, I keep the 13y out in the living room and the 10y & 12y are locked in my room when I'm not here. It was a solution that has worked for us for 5+ years now. They do occasionally get in tiffs when I am present, but it rarely escalates. Not sure if it's something that would work for you, but it's an idea. I also keep a crate up at all times, just in case I have to confine anyone for any reason. (Doesn't happen often, but convenient for when it does, plus all 3 like to hide out in there sometimes)

If Dixie was a small dog I would not be too worried.  But she is not going to stay a small dog.

Thank you Koko I know what a blue heeler is  I also have us enrolled in classes that start SAT. Most of the time she knows sit and down we are working on roll over.  She  needs to learn leave it.  I hope that well help with leaving her leach alone and the old dogs.  I let her out today for about four hours I don't feel so stressed with her constant trouble making right now.  I have been told blue heaeers do not out grow being crazy for many years.

Oh and I really need her to learn fetch. It well so help tire her out.

Was there a contract with her breeder? A lot of them will buy the dog back, would rather lose a little than have one go to the wrong home or into a rescue. :idont

I definitely hope it doesn't come to that. Hopefully she will learn her way and leave the others alone. :hug

Nope no contract with the breeder. She just had an accident with her two is all.  Besides I have more money into her then what I paid for her with the class, shots ect.... She wont go to a rescue.  She well go to a home. But for now we are going to try the training class and outside when I can't stand saying NO one more time.