Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sammy El-Tawil

URGENT! White blotches on all Fish!

Fluke-solve has praziquantel as its active ingredient.  

Goldfish have very high sensitivity to copper, so I can't recommend Protozin.

Fluke-solve has praziquantel as its active ingredient.  

Goldfish have very high sensitivity to copper, so I can't recommend Protozin.

At best I can get this on Saturday at my location.

I agree with the others . . . Fluke solve is the way to go.  I wouldn't bother with the other meds you mentioned.

Yes, no protozin. Too harsh. I think Interpet no 8 is the best balance of effective and gentle from what I can tell but it's inappropriate here - we need to treatment flukes, not other protozoa. Not without better evidence first. Medication isn't benign and we want to do the absolute least invasive treatment first.

Fluke solve or Kusuri would be my recs.

Yes, no protozin. Too harsh. I think Interpet no 8 is the best balance of effective and gentle from what I can tell but it's inappropriate here - we need to treatment flukes, not other protozoa. Not without better evidence first. Medication isn't benign and we want to do the absolute least invasive treatment first.

How's this? Best watched in Full HD.

ttps://youtu.be/r-8cBPyNsp4

Just add a h infront

My only concern is that it's spreading so fast I'd have to wait until Saturday..

Edited by Gainzster

Address didn't work for me - try embedding the code.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Address didn't work for me - try embedding the code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-8cBPyNsp4

And that's the good side, it's much worse on the other tail.

Thanks for bringing light to me the problem with Copper..

I would at least like to treat tomorrow.. I know it may not work, but if the Malachite Green and Formaldehyde is at least safe to the fish compared to the Copper, surely there wouldn't be a problem? I'm just uneasy going another 2-3 days (that's if delivery isn't delayed) at which point it'll be 5 days.

I think I mentioned it before, but could this be down to SafeGuard containing Aloe Vera? If it isn't ich.. and the fish are not dying.. (yes, dodgy saying this, but they look healthy at the moment and are happily eating and such), could this be caused by an irritation from the Aloe Vera and thus producing these spots on their slimecoat?

If it helps, I have Aquarium Salt?

Edited by Gainzster

I don't see a thing in the two second video but normal plaques and blemishes. Maybe some slightly thickened slime coat. Definitely treat for flukes FIRST and see if that solves the issue, don't just jump straight for the Interpet.

I really don't think it is anything to worry about at present from all I've seen in these pictures/vids. But if you're seeing something we aren't then start with fluke treatment and go from there. The worst thing you can do is stress your fish with a wrong medication, weaken them, and then have a more difficult to treat or persistent problem take hold. Resist the urge to bomb your tank with the toughest med you can find. There is NO indication that formalin or malachite green is needed for this. Like, zilch. If you are worried please start with salt dips and the fluke meds.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Saltbath.html

If you do the Interpet against our advice, please do not do it with ANY salt in the water. Or salt dips. It will react with the formalin and may kill your animals over some splotches. Which, if I may say, would stink!

To recap:

Fluke treatments.

Fluke treatments and salt bath/dips.

If three rounds of those don't work, remove all salt and run a course of Interpet no 8.

Thank you guys .... for helping :hug

I don't see a thing in the two second video but normal plaques and blemishes. Maybe some slightly thickened slime coat. Definitely treat for flukes FIRST and see if that solves the issue, don't just jump straight for the Interpet.

I really don't think it is anything to worry about at present from all I've seen in these pictures/vids. But if you're seeing something we aren't then start with fluke treatment and go from there. The worst thing you can do is stress your fish with a wrong medication, weaken them, and then have a more difficult to treat or persistent problem take hold. Resist the urge to bomb your tank with the toughest med you can find. There is NO indication that formalin or malachite green is needed for this. Like, zilch. If you are worried please start with salt dips and the fluke meds.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Saltbath.html

If you do the Interpet against our advice, please do not do it with ANY salt in the water. Or salt dips. It will react with the formalin and may kill your animals over some splotches. Which, if I may say, would stink!

To recap:

Fluke treatments.

Fluke treatments and salt bath/dips.

If three rounds of those don't work, remove all salt and run a course of Interpet no 8.

I have pictures from another fish! Not mine, but this is it! Just worse on my fish. Can't believe they could get it on camera, I'm so happy..

So this is the problem I have, I hope it changes your opinion on the meds scenario, I really don't want to use them.

Please say this can be fixed by Aquarium Salt?

Edited by Gainzster

Doesn't change my opinion at present. I've given you my advice - follow it or don't. Good luck to you :)

Hello! You've gotten guidance from almost all members, if not all, of the mod team. I agree with their recommendations. This looks to be the result of flukes. Are you unable to get Fluke Solve or Kusuri?

It really doesn't look all that bad. Follow the moderators advice. Good luck!

Hello! You've gotten guidance from almost all members, if not all, of the mod team. I agree with their recommendations. This looks to be the result of flukes. Are you unable to get Fluke Solve or Kusuri?

Just been a little busy!

Well here's some news, the Oranda in my main tank no longer has these spots.. I've added no treatment.

The baby Oranda also seems to have lost her spots.

But the Calico, she's still got them.

So I've got the Fluke Solve through from Amazon as instructed, I've performed 2 water changes over the last 5 days at 35% on all tanks involved, no salt added. So I've got three tanks to treat, a 30L, a 100L, and a 450L - Going to be fun measuring out that 30L dosage.

Last question before I do, I've realized that there is also a white bacteria/algae growing also in my main tank on rubber/plastic surfaces only, is there any chance that this is what is on the fish? And if so where on earth has it come from? Because it does look exactly like what's growing on the Calico (they're attached to this post).

In terms of signs of Flukes, I've seen my Gold Oranda flash once a day, and the same with the Butterfly, I've never seen them flash in the daytime, the only time I've caught them flashing was in the total darkness. The Baby Oranda has flashed maybe twice since I've had her, and that's around 2 months. The Calico Oranda that has the worst of the white patches I've never, ever seen flash.

Sorry for the questions.. Just scared dosing this stuff!

13082090_971020896346173_294408310_n.jpg13090416_971020886346174_600286295_n.jpg

Edited by Gainzster

I should also add that the Calico has developed large lumps on the edge of her pectoral fins, she has two on the edge of one, and one on the edge of the other, they're exactly like these spots (exactly).

IMG_2905_2.jpg

The lumps on the edge of the pectoral fins look like breeding stars. Your "she" is most likely a he.

You wrote, "Last question before I do, I've realized that there is also a white bacteria/algae growing also in my main tank on rubber/plastic surfaces only, is there any chance that this is what is on the fish?"

I'm pretty sure that the white algae/growth on rubber/plastic surfaces is not what is on your fish. I have seen that before on surfaces. Not harmful to fish. A pleco would probably eat it.

The lumps on the edge of the pectoral fins look like breeding stars. Your "she" is most likely a he.

Sorry my bad! It's on the pelvic fins, she didn't have them literally last week.

Yeah I have many breeding stars in my main tank as they're both males.

Whatever this is, it's the same in all three tanks, which is weird. Firstly the main tank and the smallest tank have had contact through an addition of a small fish, that fish  doesn't show any signs of this white stuff really.. She has a few dots. The middle sized tank and the main tank have had zero contact, but the two largest Orandas have these white growths, and funnily enough on the left, bottom part of their tail.

Edited by Gainzster

Got it on Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jj6Cqam_5M

It's actually three spots on one side, and one on the other, any ideas?

Edited by Gainzster

Sorry, my last post got eaten by my browser. Breeding stars on fish, biofilm on tank. No worries.

And the random pustules are likely just irritation from a parasite or flukes, they're like fish zits and very common. My prior recommendations stand :)

And the random pustules are likely just irritation from a parasite or flukes, they're like fish zits and very common. My prior recommendations stand.

I've just read that carbon has to be removed, is this correct?

Trying to think back, my carbon in the 100L is around 2 months old, and the carbon in my main tank is around a month old or so. Should they both be removed or are they past it and thus should be kept as I know they hold beneficial bacteria, thanks again.

Edited by Gainzster

Yes, no carbon in the tanks for any treatments. Quite frankly I don't advise carbon in ever, except to remove medications or specific impurities in the tap water.