Kokos Goldfish Forum
2fancies

Stockings for salt.

I can't remember where or who I got the idea from , but I works flawlessly . It's worth going to buy some in my opinion . I put the salt in a stocking and a little while later it's gone. I was boiling before this much easier. Thanks to whosever idea that was.

I've not had to put large amounts of salt into my main tank for a while now. When I do, I'll use this trick.

It works great for the first salt, but I use hot water to dissolve the salt for water changes so I don't get bumps in salinity :).

Pantyhose still work if you're using a bucket for the salt water and add that in once it has all assimilated into the solution though.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I love doing this.  So much easier IMO.  :D

How long does it take for the salt to dissolve? Just wondering.

Only time goldfish need salt is if they are sick.  I just desolve(sp) in water then add to tank when needed. 

How long does it take for the salt to dissolve? Just wondering.

Depends on how much salt you're dissolving. If I salt a 10 gallon to 0.3%, it would dissolve I'd say in about 30 minutes.

How much salt do I add for a 29 gallon with sick fish? Sorry im not the best at math.

If you need to treat a sick fish, please start a thread in Disease diagnosis.  Copy and paste this form into your post and answer the questions.  You can get some help on how to answer here.

We cannot advise on treatment without this information.