Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Acro

Remember Medi-Gold and Metro-Meds from GoldfishConnection?

I was going through some cabinets of pet supplies and I discovered a bag of Medi-Gold and a bag of Metro-Meds I had tucked away.  They are 12 ounce bags and sealed, but I think I remember that they only last 8 months or so when unopened.  Is that true, or did I make that up.  If it is true, then they are worthless now, since it's been about 2 years since Goldfish Connection closed. 

On another thought . . . why didn't GoldfishConnection ever share their recipe (for Medi-Gold and Metro-Meds) with anyone?  Seems like a shame to just keep it a secret after they retired.

Edited by Acro

Really such a shame! :no:

Coincidentally, I too just found an unopened bag of Medi-Gold tonight.

I seem to remember that Koko approached Rick to obtain/buy the recipe, but he wasn't interested.

I'd toss them.  Aqua Meds Medi Koi s a good substitute for Medi Gold but there isn't an equivalent for Metro Meds.  We've been researching alternatives.  Ken's fish sells both oxytetracycline and metronidazole sinking pellets, but separately.

Edited by Jared

I seem to remember that Koko approached Rick to obtain/buy the recipe, but he wasn't interested.

Yeah I was sad about that..

Also just to let everyone know.... "Aqua Meds" is Ricks new Koi med site... Thats why there is some things close to the Goldfishconnection stuff :)